Recognized as one of America's "cultural resources worthy of preservation," The Carolina Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, a AAA Four Diamond hotel and a Historic Hotels of America member. From the day it opened in 1924, the Inn has played an important role in the life of the University of North Carolina and the Chapel Hill community, and has long been one of the most popular sites in North Carolina for special events, weddings, business meetings, and academic conferences.
The Carolina Inn fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work-life-balance, community, and help develop our associates by providing support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewThis position assists leadership with the maintenance, repair, and operation of equipment and systems of the property. This position is also responsible for the landscaping, life safety and security of the occupants, environmental initiatives, and maintaining the operation's vehicles and controlling the property's parking areas.Essential Functions
- Maintain the facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Manage adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and material for the department
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations, such as fire alarms, and other life-safety situations
- Maintain a working knowledge of all federal, state, local laws, codes, and regulations
- Conducts walk-through and visually assesses the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the property, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and employee work areas
- Assure proper certification of all employee mechanics and technicians, as required
- Negotiate, prepare, and administer agreements and contracts with consultants and contractors
- Produce annual operating budget for payroll, expenses, utilities, and capital improvements
- Direct ADA compliance efforts of the property
- Minimum one year of leadership or supervisory experience in the facilities management of related properties or other comparable business
- Experience in organizing, implementing, and maintaining a preventative maintenance tracking system and work order system
- A firm understanding of Federal, State and local codes as they apply to these fields
- Must have extensive working knowledge of building systems to include but not limited to; HVAC, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, roofs, building finishes, mechanical operations, energy management and Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Must have a valid Driver’s License