Assistant Dining Services Director
Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - FL - Tampa
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida and Kentucky, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Renaissance is a beautiful community located in Tampa, Florida offering Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Renaissance focuses on programs and services that help a person remain as independent as possible no matter what level of care they may need.
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Dining Services Director (ADSD) is managing the day to day operation of the Dining Services (DS) department, in the absence of the Dining Services Director (DSD), to include staffing, food ordering, preparation, menu planning, food delivery and sanitation in accordance with appropriate industry and health department regulations. The ADSD is key in directing associates and departmental procedures to maintain a positive physical and social environment for the residents. The main objective is to ensure that dining is a highlight of the resident's day.
Areas of Responsibility
- Participate in decisions to hire, terminate, apply corrective action, supervise and train Servers and other DS associates in day-to-day DS operations. Make job assignments, schedule and set priorities.
- Participate in the service and preparation of the meals. Supervise and assist the Servers during and after the meal service (i.e. help with the beverage service, serve a station, or assist the Servers in clearing tables after the meal service) when we are short of help. Assist other associates as needed.
- Interact with residents and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ensure that the atmosphere of the dining room is pleasant and enjoyable, the dining services are timely and associates are attentive to the needs of the residents.
- Assist in assuring the DS equipment is maintained and work areas are clean, safe and orderly. Ensure procedures regarding infection control, food borne illness prevention, harmful chemical handling, fire, safety and sanitation are strictly adhered to, promptly addressing any transgression.
- Implement and supervise the cleaning schedules. Propose and implement changes to the current schedule as needed. Ensure all utensils, dishes, equipment and work areas are cleaned properly and in a timely manner. Assist in assuring the cleanliness of the entire food service and dining room areas, to include the delivery and refuse collection areas, using a checklist for each area.
- Participate in recruitment, selection and orientation of new DS associates.
- Develop, revise, and communicate policies and procedures to DS associates. Conduct policy and procedure orientations with new associates.
- Hold daily Server briefings to discuss the menu, to discuss and find ways to improve service, and to assure refinement and communication of current or new procedures.
- Assist the DSD in evaluating performance, coach associates as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining food costs within budgetary constraints. Assist in maintaining strict inventory control and par levels of specified items as required.
- Assist in assuring that the menu is followed and meals are prepared according to the approved recipes.
- Supervise and inspect receipt of food and non-food deliveries and ensure food storage is in accordance with Company guidelines and health department regulations.
- Assist in conducting periodic training for DS and other Community associates as necessary to maintain high quality and variety in menus, job satisfaction for associates and resident satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. State specific guidelines may apply.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical school degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years food service management (or related field) preferred.
- Software and computer skills preferred.
- Math ability required.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task and possess a high level of energy/enthusiasm.
- Must attend to detail, have safety awareness and be a team player.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, current food handler permit and certification of Hepatitis A vaccination where required.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, CPR/AED certification.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.