A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
The incumbent is responsible for the safety and comfort of all guests, colleagues and visitors of Mandarin Oriental, Boston and the Maintenance and Repair of all hotel assets.
Scope of Position
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will take full responsibility for supervising in-house Engineers to enforce Engineering policies and procedures in accordance with Mandarin Oriental corporate guidelines and insure compliance to all local, state and federal regulations.
The Assistant Chief Engineer will report directly to the Chief Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Major responsibilities:
- Financial responsibilities:
- Provide supervisory guidance and support to all Engineering colleagues within the Engineering Department.
- Create a safe and secure environment for our guests and colleagues by ensuring full compliance with MOHG's Safe & Sound guidelines as well as assisting the Chief Engineer in maintaining the physical asset to all Federal, State & Local codes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for the Department.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of Rooms, Spa & Public area Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Assist in the development and training of all employees on all OSHA related rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate upward, downward and laterally.
- Perform daily administration of the facilities main operating systems.
- Assist in the compliance of all of the fire life safety policies and procedures as dictated by BFD.
- Assist in training of all colleagues in emergency procedure preparedness.
- Ensure Shift Engineers are performing daily rounds of central plants, BMS, Inn Comm as well as other mechanical systems.
- Be responsible for the day to day operation of The Engineering Department.
- Ensure Engineering Colleagues always comply with the hotel's rule and regulations.
- Add support to the Engineers to complete routine assignments.
- Perform tasks and duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer and respond to directions given by any Executive Committee member.
- Manage budget/cost effectively by monitoring overtime and related expenses.
- Maintain hotel assets.
- Human Resources responsibilities:
- Sets example for all Engineering Colleagues to emulate by strictly following all hotel and departmental policies.
Requirement on Core Competencies
The incumbent will require the following personal attributes:
- Delighting our Clients
- Display a superior service orientation to our guests
- Anticipate and understand the needs of our guests
- Respond effectively to guests and internal customer needs
- Display a professional attitude
- Working with Colleagues
- Promoting a Climate of Enthusiasm
- Display a service orientation to our Colleague needs
- Respond effectively to Colleague needs
- Display a professional attitude to our Colleagues.
- Maintain high energy and drive
- Provide frequent and individualized recognition to staff
- Being the Best
- Delivering Shareholder Value
- Promote continuous improvement within the Engineering Department.
- Continuously maintain the competitive edge of our competitive set in technology and human resources.
- Maximize profits by maintaining systems.
- Maximize a profitable return to our owners.
- Exercise effective cost control.
- Playing by the Rules
- Acting with Responsibility
- Set example for all to follow and not being the exception to the rules.
- Accept responsibility for compliance with rules and regulations.
- Actively participate in the improvement of the environment, just as we will be responsible members of our communities and industry organizations.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a hospitality environment.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a luxury market.
- Trade licenses specifically Electrical or HVAC.
- CPR/AED/First aid certified