Assistant Chef Concierge
Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver
Location: CA - BC - Vancouver
Thank you for your interest in the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, the first Shangri-La to open in a sequence of new and exciting properties in North America. Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver is a 119 room luxury boutique property, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s vibrant financial, retail and entertainment district. In 2014, Shangri-La Vancouver was voted the #1 City Hotel by Travel and Leisure magazine. Shangri-La Vancouver is also the recipient of AAA’s prestigious Five Diamond status, and is one of only five Canadian Hotels to hold the esteemed rating.
Our success depends 100% on the quality of our people. That's why we are so demanding when we look for new employees, and why successful candidates find careers at Shangri-La so rewarding.
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La - Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Are you Shangri-La?
With creativity, personal commitment and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality, Concierge create and orchestrate guest experiences at Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver throughout their stay.With exceptional, personalized assistance, facilitate arrangements on behalf of the guest, maximizing the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests, through Shangri-La hospitality from caring people
- Inspires a high level of creativity, resourcefulness, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality
- Assists with the management of Concierges, effectively coaches, trains, motivates, communicates, recognizes, schedules, provides performance feedback and conducts performance correction if required
- Responsible for the Department during the absence of the Chef Concierge
- Builds positive relationships and maintains expertise on and contacts with local venues, attractions, restaurants, tourism events and local counterparts
- Interacts with guests to provide information, assists with personal events, arrangements, bookings, tickets and reservations
- Displays positive & passionate attitude towards accomplishment of Departmental goals and achievements
- As a true service Ambassador, meets service expectations proactively, promptly, graciously and professionally, with genuine care and attention to detail
- Maintains positive internal and external relationships with providers
- Maintains a high level of productivity & cost efficiency within the department
- Actively demonstrates teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility
- Undertakes other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble
- Detail oriented – Exceptional care and attention to detail
- Functional Knowledge – Familiarity with 5 star expectations concierge services
- Operational Competence –Familiarity with/ability to learn and follow Shangri-La deliverables, SLV service standards, programs, policies and procedures
- Communication – 100% English language (verbal and written) proficiency and other languages (Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish) a definite asset
- Problem solving –Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in an international world-class hotel
- Must be a full member of the international network of Les Clefs d’Or
- Other languages (Cantonese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin) a definite asset