A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
The Assistant Banquet Operations Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating various functions appointed by Director of Banquet Operations/Banquet Operations Manager. They are to ensure that the standards of function preparations and services is rendered to guest have been achieved and maintained providing both effective and efficient services as prescribed by the Hotel's policy and procedures and that this is carried out to fulfill the Organization's mission statement.
- To ensure all function rooms are fully set not just only in accordance to requirements/ instructions as stated in Banquet Event Order but to be responsible for the smooth running of functions to ensure guest stratification.
- To supervise subordinates effectively so that guest's satisfaction is achieved, and disciplines subordinates whenever necessary.
- To coordinate relevant functional details as well as guests' requirements and delegate respective duties to subordinates to ensure guests' requirements are being met.
- To coordinate individual functions with respective Sales Manager/ Event Management Manager/ Executive to understand fully understand guests' needs.
- To plan and coordinate all relevant details of individual events from the information available on the Banquet Event Order with subordinates and department concerned.
- To administrate post function report after end of function, and to identify the problems and suggest solutions to Director of Banquet Operations/Banquet Operations Manager when appropriates.
- To handle special projects and assignments as assigned by Director of Banquet Operations/Banquet Operations Manager.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Executives specializing in Hotel Management/Tourism Services, Food/Beverage/Restaurant Service or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.