A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Reg. Full Time
Position Summary: Assists the Banquet Manager in running all aspects of the Banquet Department operational functions to ensure that all service standards, resort policies, and regulations are met while providing the highest levels of quality and service to ensure that all assigned contracted Banquet and catering Events are run in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assigns tasks, shares management and customer expectations and provides training and direction to assigned staff. Support an environment of high efficiency, quality and customer service. Maintains detailed knowledge of all hotel function space, names of rooms, correct maintenance and use of equipment and all styles of meeting and event room settings.
- Coordinates all requests between banquet staff, food and beverage departments, and other hotel divisions to ensure smooth and accurate communication.
- Maintains open communication with Stewards,Housemen, Captains, Servers, and Bartenders to ensure smooth operation.
- Supervises and assists with the set-up of assigned catered functions, ensuring that the customer's expectations and hotel's standards are met. Ensures advance preparation for service is adequate to allow efficient service to the guest once the function begins.
- Assists management with the creation of the Event Work Schedule and planning of events.
- Ensures cleanliness of all event areas, pre and post function.
- Ensures guests are served quickly, courteously, and efficiently.
- Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to Event Manager or Event Captain whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE.Â Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintain strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Supervises and assists with break down after the completion of functions to ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
- Assists in service of functions as required.
- Holds pre-function meetings, and checks staffing and menus, prior to events. Inspects uniforms, reviews assignments and steps of service for each event.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Ensures that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Two years banquet server or equivalent experience in hotel environment required. Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Experience supervising a large banquet staff and familiar with all aspects of various positions within the department.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Must have a strong knowledge of wine, beer, liquors, waters and drink preparation.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through verbal face-to-face interactions. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction. Must be able to deal effectively with irate customers and wrong orders and come up with a quick solution resulting in satisfied customers.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Compliance with forecasts including payroll, forecasting revenue, ordering of supplies, safety, loss prevention, etc.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Is available during all major banquet functions and events and assists in supervising where necessary skills with customers and service staff.
in all situations. Has clear, concise written and verbal communication.
- Shows ability to instill a calm organized approach.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must complete TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards. Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and company policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between functions occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as plateware and glassware. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as hot plateware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and kitchen staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with guests. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. The team member frequently pushes and pulls carts and equipment. Lifting is regularly required to prepare dining areas, serve food and beverages and move garbage. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as plates, coffee trays and dishes. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to perform the job such as detecting plateware that does not meet cleanliness standards. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The team member is subject to env
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.