At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf - or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities:
· Assist the Director of Banquets, Conference Services Manager with Administrative Support.
· Interview staff for key positions within the area of responsibility to maintain a high level of professionally trained staff.
· Maintain personnel files in a confidential manner and deal with confidential information in professional manner.
· Supervise all budgetary functions and maintain records to support Budget objectives.
· Develop budgetary objectives for departments and communicating those objectives to the Director of Banquets.
· Responsible for ninety day forecasting of business activity levels in all departments.
· Handling of the evaluation process and the discipline of employees.
· Responsible for the capital plant of the Conference/Banquet area.
· Maintain accurate client billing systems, to maximize the highest possible revenue for the Resort.
· Enforce and implement all policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook.
· Control expenditures within budgetary guidelines, prepare purchase orders for Director of Banquets.
· Oversee and review all staffing programs within area of responsibility, to insure maximum guest satisfaction and stay within budgeted guidelines.
· Be familiar with all property amenities and other property departments.
· Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Director of Food and Beverage and the Director of Banquets.
· Attend and conduct meetings as required both within the department and within the property
· Ensure effective solution oriented communication within the department and with other operation departments.
· Ensure that all front and back of the house are maintained in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
· Display and teach good professional guest satisfaction techniques.
· Provide professional communications with guests and meeting planners and their staff to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and program success.
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Training & Work Experience
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· College degree preferred.
· Minimum four years of Captain or Assistant Manager experience.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Willingness to work weekends and holidays.
· Must have excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to prioritize work and to think clearly in an active work environment.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Standing, Walking, Fine Motor Skills, Eye/Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision, and Hearing. Further, the position requires Occasional Sitting.
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working indoor and outdoor working conditions for however long it takes to complete job responsibilities.
Working Alone, and Working Closely with Others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.