Assistant Banquet Manager
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
F&B - Banquets, F&B - Convention Services / Events, F&B - Food & Beverage
Suncadia Resort features the best of both worlds - luxury and comfort in a secluded wilderness setting, just 80 miles east of Seattle. With a mountain lodge, full service conference center, full service spa, sports center, outdoor amphitheater, trails and recreational areas, 2,000 residential units, and three golf courses, Suncadia has much to offer both guests and associates. We are the ideal employer to launch your career with No Limits. With a wide variety of positions available, we are currently hiring at all levels of experience, and encourage associates who wish to train for advancement into management positions. We strive to hire people with the passion to create extraordinary experiences for our guests. If you have this passion, we have a place for you at Suncadia.
Job OverviewThis position will help the Banquet Manager in supervising the overall operation of the Banquet Department. S/He will assist in managing, planning and directing of the banquet operations including service and set up of events.Essential Functions
- Assist the Banquet Manager with administrative and operational support
- Work closely with the Conference Planning and Catering Managers to coordinate and plan all events. Maintain a high degree of service and foresight to ensure successful meetings, weddings, and events
- Interview and train staff for key positions within all areas of responsibility to maintain a high level of service and professionalism
- Oversee and review all staffing programs within area of responsibility, to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and stay with budgeted guidelines
- Ensure attendance all meetings as required, including pre-cons, department head, etc.
- Maintain open communication within the department and with other operation departments
- Supervision of Banquets Administrative Assistant and all Banquet Captains and staff. Responsible for all operations of the Banquet Department.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous experience in Banquet and Conference Services
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to think clearly in an active work environment