Asset Manager - Multi-Family
California-Los Angeles/Long Beach
Asset Manager - Multi-Family
Who We Are
At Oakwood, the foundation of our success is our culture which is centered on our Associates who passionately strive to meet the needs of our clients and guests every day. We foster collaborative team environments, career development opportunities, and award winning training and development programs to transform your job into a career with Oakwood.
As the founder and leader in the temporary housing industry, Oakwood Temporary Housing is the largest provider of high-quality, furnished and unfurnished apartments throughout the world as a spacious hotel alternative. Today, Oakwood operates throughout North America, Asia and Europe. Oakwood's annual revenue exceeds $600 million, employs 3,000 Associates, and manages 15,000 residences worldwide.
Are you an experienced Asset Manager looking for a new opportunity with a global company?
Look no further than the corporate housing and serviced apartment leader Oakwood Worldwide. At Oakwood we know that satisfied associates make for satisfied clients and guests. Oakwood promotes from within! That’s why we offer competitive compensation, a generous benefits package and an empowering work environment.
Oakwood is looking for an experienced Asset Manager to join our team. The Asset Manager is responsible for managing Oakwood’s multifamily assets. This position will oversee buildings performance by liaising between property management and the property owners to ensure owners’ processes, procedures are followed and deadlines are met. The Asset manager will be engaged in all aspects of real estate management including post acquisition transition, valuation, budgeting and working closely with other divisions such as Property Management and Finance to drive performance and improve processes.
Asset Management – Real Estate – Multifamily – Finance - Property
What’s in it for you?
Our Asset Managers enjoy a creative and diverse work-life. We offer you career development opportunities, and empowering work environment, and a myriad of recognition and awards. For this role, we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation plan as well as these benefits:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
* Prescription Drug Programs
* Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Life Insurance for Associate and Family Members
* Multi-faceted Learning Opportunities
* Educational Reimbursement
* Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and Holidays
* Bonus/Incentive Potential
* Child Care Reimbursement Plan
* Direct Deposit Payroll
* And Much More!
Key Features of your Day
* Manage a portfolio of assets which include business plan preparations and presentations
* Develop budgets and identify performance drivers
* Develop and execute asset enhancing initiatives, which include writing proposal papers with qualitative and quantitative justifications
* Monitor and make presentations on assets’ performance to local and Singapore office
* Exercise strong control over budgets and arrears management
* Supervise procurement and request for proposal processes to ensure that best value is obtained for the portfolio
* Evaluate divestment scenarios and participate in acquisition transactions
* Conduct consultancy projects with third party vendors, not limited to annual appraisal exercise for financial reporting purposes
* Lead property management teams and provide guidance to enhancing performance
Best Candidates will Have
* Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or real estate required, advanced degree or CPA preferred.
* A minimum of 3 to 6+ years of experience within asset management in multifamily, corporate housing, serviced apartment or extended stay hotels.
* Ability to multitask and work on several transactions simultaneously
* Ability to recognize and mitigate risk
* Leadership and project management abilities
* Advanced Excel skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
* Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
* Excellent oral and written communications skills, including ability to present and work with international investors on asset management requirements.
* Ability to travel ~ 25%