A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Job Purpose: To serve meals to patrons according to established rules of etiquette.
- Serves ice water and/or coffee upon greeting the table.
- Presents menu to diner, suggesting dinner courses, appropriate wines, and answering questions regarding food preparation.
- Writes order on check or memorizes it.
- Relays order to kitchen or bar and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
- Serves patrons from dish at table on occasion.
- Observes diners to fulfill any additional request and to perceive when meal has been completed.
- Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to cashier.
- Replenishes supplies and prepares for the next meal.
- Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
- Talk with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
- Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
- Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money and merchandise.
- Lift and carry things like heavy trays.
HS Diploma or equivalent
1-2 years of serving experience.
San Diego Food Handler Card & TIPS certified
Benefits : 401k, Health, Vision, Dental & Life Insurance. Marriott Asso