Suncadia Resort features the best of both worlds - luxury and comfort in a secluded wilderness setting, just 80 miles east of Seattle. With a mountain lodge, full service conference center, full service spa, sports center, outdoor amphitheater, trails and recreational areas, 2,000 residential units, and three golf courses, Suncadia has much to offer both guests and associates. We are the ideal employer to launch your career with No Limits. With a wide variety of positions available, we are currently hiring at all levels of experience, and encourage associates who wish to train for advancement into management positions. We strive to hire people with the passion to create extraordinary experiences for our guests. If you have this passion, we have a place for you at Suncadia.
Job OverviewSuncadia offers unique art classes and experiences for groups and resort guests. We are searching for an Art Instructor that specializes in scenic and outdoor landscapes. This person must also have previous experience leading classes and teaching groups of all ages. Looking for a self-motivated and inspired artist to elevate current art programming and events.Essential Functions
- Responsible for facilitation of activities programs including; youth art programs, teen & family programming, convention recreation, employee and special events programming.
- Assist with development and maintenance of standard operating procedures and emergency action plans manuals for all department associates.
- Responsible for the daily operation and functions of all programs, including staffing changes based on the number of participants on a given day, inventory, supplies, meals and overall appearance of the facilities.
- Maintaining accurate records of attendance, registration, and cashiering that satisfies administrative and accounting needs.
- Responsible for tracking inventory for all programs on a weekly basis and coordinate ordering with the activities manager.
- Regularly promotes Suncadia activities and programs by being knowledgeable of all outlets, upcoming activities and special events. Must be able to positively respond to guest inquiries.
- Assist with the promotion and distribution of marketing materials.
- Maintain operational efficiency, budget control and guest satisfaction. Prepare/monitor and control budget of expenditures and projected incomes, and monitor guest evaluations of activities.
- Institute safety regulations; maintain a safe and pleasant work environment; instill a safe work ethic in staff; establish safety guidelines for staff to follow before engaging in any type of program with guests; maintain a high level of safety and comfort for all guests during activities.
- Responsible for keeping up on maintenance and appearance of all facilities and equipment.
- Comply with all Suncadia policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Comply with Suncadia grooming and uniform policy.
- One -Two years’ experience in studio art, graphic design, or related areas
- Background or experience in seasonal and holiday recreational events and activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have knowledge of programming, planning and leadership.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Physical ability to meet the demands of the position, including lifting heavy objects.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and days.
- Ability to work well with others and function under high-intensity situations.
- Proficiency in word processing/computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Springer Miller)
- Energetic self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Ability to engage in conversation with members, guests and associates to promote positive relations.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with a smile.
- Ability to stand for entire shift;
- Must have the physical ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 40 lb. on a frequent basis.
- Duties are performed either indoors of outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces and reach on a continuous basis.