Area Social Media Manager
Loews Hotels & Co is a leading owner and operator of luxury hotels with a portfolio consisting of 24 hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Located in major city centers and resort destinations from coast to coast, the Loews portfolio features one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards and embrace their “uniquely local” community in order to curate exciting, approachable and local travel experiences for guests.
Loews is seeking an Area Social Media Manager to join the team. S/he will be responsible for managing, implementing and marketing the social media, and content creation initiatives for the Loews Regency New York and the Loews Philadelphia Hotel, including promoting and capturing local, on property, and promotional activities.
Please note this role can be based in either New York or Philadelphia.
The Area Social Media Manager will collaborate closely with hotel operational and commercial teams and support the Directors of Marketing in executing marketing strategies & tactics that achieve key financial and customer metrics for the hotels and their outlets.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Developing content (photography, video, etc.) to activate across all channels
- Direct management of Social Media channels
- Coordinating the implementation of new brand initiatives, acting as a brand champion and ensuring full compliance with standards & programs, brand style guides & tone of voice.
- Designing, building and maintaining our social media presence
- Owning monthly post calendar through brand channels for all hotels social channels
- Managing day-to-day social media activities including planning and implementing an editorial calendar, creating content to support daily posts and responding to consumer inquiries on all property-based Social Networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+).
- Interacting with partners, fans, influencers and bloggers to cultivate engaged social communities, offer customer service and drive SEO and referral traffic.
- Implementing brand-appropriate, on-property social activations to engage hotel guests in conversation throughout their stay.
- Creating and execute up to two social media-based campaigns for each Hotel throughout the year.
- Analyzing and interpreting monthly Key Metric reports provided by the Home Office to evolve and improve ongoing strategy and tactics.
- Owning monthly social reporting based on brand specifications, present the findings regularly to executive and hotel teams
- Using social media to identify trends, problems and areas of opportunity to positively impact the guest experience.
- Ensuring consistency of messaging across all social networks
- Working with influencers, partners and internal departments to create monthly blog content.
- Assisting in managing on-property photo and video productions.
- Collaborating with Directors of Marketing on all promotions and packages to support via social media initiatives, advertising and so forth.
- Collaborating with social media leads from other Loews Hotels
- Teaming up with existing, and foster new, hotel partners to help tell and amplify the Hotel & Brand story
- Actively collaborating with F&B, Operations, Front Office, Sales, and PR teams to gather social content and tell the hotel story
- Acting as the Team Member Historian to capture all internal activations and work with the Director of Public Relations and the Human Resources Team to showcase efforts on TMTV and Hello Loews.
- Collaborating with Director of Public Relations to promote any relevant press mentions or activities on or off property
- 2-3 years proven work experience in digital, social marketing/advertising
- Baschelor's degree in Hospitality, Marketing, Advertising, and/or Communication
- Strong communication and presentational skills.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Have an interest in Photography/Video Production.
- Have moderate to advanced InDesign, Photoshop, and/or photo editing software skills
- Hospitality experience a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred in Marketing, Advertising and/or communication
- Photography SkIlls a Plus
- Spanish Language (Writen & Spoken) a Plus
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V