Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Area Sales Manager - New Business Development is responsible for representing the company to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned markets for hotels in a designated area especially focusing on acquiring new business for the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North and the Westin Fort Lauderdale. Listen to customer needs, analyze this information and create tailored proposals. Negotiate and close sales while meeting/exceeding sales targets. Impress customers with tailored proposals, quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. Work with management throughout the hotel and the Company.
Comply with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Representative of the Company – As the representative of the Company and hotel, professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers. Knowledgeable on market, positioning of hotel, amenities and brand. Understand booking patterns, trends, high demand times, and events in the market. Convey a strong belief in the hotel and confidently discuss hotel features, services and advantages.
- Research, Identification & Sales Development – Conduct research on client room nights/revenue performance, prepare or update account performance reports weekly and monthly, conduct semi-annual account review meetings with account representatives. Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, the internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement and networking. Research competing hotels and identify sales strategies. Understand and use industry reports like Agency 360, etc. Develop effective sales strategies to counter the competition. Develop valuable business relationships that result in additional sales and new customers. Research each customer’s business, hospitality needs, identify who to talk to and how to get sales closed. Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts. Research and identify new business opportunities for the designated hotels including reaching out to travel managers or agencies and staying abreast of local events. Represent the Company at trade association meetings to promote the designated hotels.
- Proactive and Creative Sales - Plan for and execute inside/outside calls and client entertainment with BT contacts within each key account and any third parties who may book business transient on behalf of those key accounts. Give full attention to what customers are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate. Conduct research on client room nights/revenue performance, prepare account performance reports quarterly and annually, conduct semi-annual account review meetings with account representatives. Prospect for new transient business within established key accounts. Track all transient leads (lost and turndown).Participate in transient and catering lead referral program. Complete Transient Sales Qualification Sheets on all accounts, as instructed. Understand and help to develop key promotional programs for key accounts and to manage production reports under each of those special promotions.
- Negotiate and Close Sales – Set and negotiate, with direction from Area Director of Sales & Marketing, Area Director of Revenue and potentially Regional Team, all rates for special key accounts. Complete all portions of Brand RFP (Request for Proposal) process and local account RFP process. Develop contingency plans and act promptly and effectively when closing problems arise. Recognize customers for loyalty and/or accept feedback. Identify and secure business to fit the yield strategy. Directly responsible for achieving production numbers established by booking goals and outside sales activities. Communicate sales activities with peers and superiors.
- ·Account Management - Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and others in the course of their event planning. After securing business, deliver a high level of customer service with key decision makers, solve customer problems, meet commitments, seek customer input and anticipate customer needs.
- Administration – Responsible for compilation of required sales reports and reporting process. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all sales and transactions. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Provide management with accurate information and comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.