Area Sales Manager
Great Wolf Lodge - Grapevine
Location: US - TX - Grapevine
Aug 9, 2017
Great Wolf Lodge - Grapevine
Job Summary: Responsible for driving and building group sales efforts for two or more properties with strategic account development and account maintenance across multiple channels and vertical market segments.
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals (Group, Banquet) as outlined in incentive plan and established by property group sales budget and strategic group sales plans.
- Focus is targeted on developing non-peak business.
- Develops and attacks a strategic account development plan by targeting results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program.
- Provide valuable market information. Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Develops and records prospect/customer profiles by utilzing Opera and maintains an effective trace system in order to best meet client needs (including callbacks, future meetings, etc.)
- Works closely with property Directors of Sales and Catering (DoSC), group sales, revenue management and F&B teams on room rate and banquet revenues to maximize budgets/sales goals.
- Creates and updates individual quarterly action plans outlining business objectives and annual goals.
- In coordination with National Sales Manager and property DoSC, assist with group sales projects such as sales blitzes, client presentations, FAM tours, site visit and trade show participation when needed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in education opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects orgainzations's value by keeping information confidential.
QUALIFICATIONS: * Multi-property experience preferred. * High school diploma required, college degree preferred * 3-5 years of experience in hotel group sales. * Demonstrates an above average attention to detail including excellent written and oral communication skills. * Strong administrative skills including a command of all MS Office products. * Ability to develop rapport with prospects as well as fellow team members and management. Ability to maintain strong working relationships. * Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen. * Problem solving skills, with the ability to track multiple tasks and issues, set goals and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: * Lift up to 10 lbs., sit and/or stand long periods.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.