Area Sales Manager
BKLYN House Hotel
Location: US - NY - Brooklyn
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
Purpose for the Position: To increase hotel revenues by meeting with 3rd party planners, trade associations, corporate accounts, individuals or other markets in order to promote the hotel and secure additional sales.
- Provides professional and courteous customer service at all times.
- Makes personal sales calls.
- Implements approved sales plan and action plans as directed.
- Develops and searches for potential markets for hotel.
- Develops and creates and implements innovative sales and marketing techniques.
- Executes and distributes all in-house advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Maintains competitive analysis statistical information.
- Maintains current filing system on company accounts and prepares required reports.
- Contacts in house meeting planners to promote good will and foster additional and repeat business.
- Maintains good rapport with local civic groups and associations.
- Prepares reports as requested: Sales Call Reports, Internal Sales Report.
- Attends weekly sales meetings.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Completes projects as determined by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Understand sales principles relating to the product you are selling.
- Organize your own activities to make the best use of your time and efforts.
- Express yourself well when talking to potential buyers or sellers, to discuss features of the products or services involved and convince the other person of both your knowledge and integrity.
- Use arithmetic in computing the cost of sale to customer.
- Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all conferences with buyers and sellers.
- Keep accurate records of contacts, sales, and purchases.
- Be available on nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting 30 lbs. Maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Deal with system of real numbers; algebraic solution of equations; and probability and statistical inference. Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate effectively in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Supervising: Determining or interpreting work procedures for a group of workers, assigning specific duties to them, maintaining harmonious relations among them and promoting efficiency. A variety of responsibilities are involved in this function. Creating strong relationships with potential clients and the general public.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.
Specific Vocational Preparation: Specific vocational training should include a significant combination of some college education, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs. Over 2 years experience in sales with some background in convention center operations is desirable.