Be part of a dynamic sales team, selling corporate business into Atlific Hotels located in Calgary, Red Deer, Lloydminster, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Yellowknife and Regina
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for attracting, seeking, prospecting, qualifying, soliciting, and booking, yield effective business. This is a home based position.
- Responsible for the growth and development of Corporate and SMERFE market segments and production of revenue in assigned markets to generate leads.
- Conduct account and market research to develop strategies, grow market share in assigned segments.
- Accounts will be prospected, developed and maintained by consistent, proactive & targeted sales initiatives.
- Conduct outside sales calls, telephone solicitation and site inspections to build relationships and aggressively target the business according to the company’s goals.
- Develop and implement effective sales action plan for all segments.
- Conduct hotel tours to potential clients.
- Attend new community or corporate events.
- Attend trade shows and participate in property and corporate events as assigned.
- Close sales to meet long and short-term business goals within budget.
- Source out new and existing opportunities to enhance the profile of the hotel in key target markets.
- Preparation of weekly sales reports, implementation of property/individual action plans and participation in weekly and quarterly meetings.
- Assist the team in the preparation of the annual Sales & Marketing plan, including competitive analysis and national, regional and local sales strategies and sales activities for each market sector.
- Participate in the Atlific Advantage referral program.
- Assist with various assignments and/or projects as assigned by Management Company
*Other duties as required
- Minimum 3 years sales management experience in the hospitality sector with a proven track record.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, internet research, GDS and PMS systems, i.e. Delphi).
- Hospitality Degree or Diploma an asset.
- Energetic and assertive self-starter with highly developed sales skills; specifically with prospecting, presentation and negotiation ability.
- Excellent communicator (both verbal and written).
- Superior organization skills; detail oriented.
- Must be aggressive with new account development and be committed to delivering superior customer service.
- Must work well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be networked with industry contacts, preferably in the Association market, and have knowledge of local marketplace.
- Perform at a high level with minimal supervision and committed to meeting timelines/deadlines.
- Must have valid driver’s license with a vehicle, willing to work flexible hours and be available for out of town travel.
Those interested in applying are invited to forward a cover letter and resume in confidence to the attention of:
Area Director of Sales, Alberta & NWT