Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
We are currently accepting resumes for a strong Area Sales Manager to oversee overall sales activities for an assigned group of extended stay hotel properties in the Houston and Dallas, TX area. This position will be responsible for revenue generation and "key account" management, and development and execution of sales plans for hotels within assigned region. Ths is a traveling position.
- Under general direction, conduct sales activities related to selling guest rooms in order to build hotel occupancy and revenue.
- Contacts designated accounts, makes well prepared, professional presentations to clients and prospects.
- Demonstrates initiative in finding new business and new contacts within existing accounts resulting in increased revenue. Understands rate strategies and trends for their market segment.
- Represents the hotel with prospective customers to provide necessary information on hotel facilities and services and to determine level of interest.
- Leads on-site inspections by customers, performs outside sale calls to develop leads.
- Formulates and submits formal sales proposals to prospective customers.
- Is aware of competition, top accounts, rates and sales strategies on an ongoing basis. Stay abreast of trends in the market place.
- Appreciates the diversity of our team members, guests, vendors and surrounding community. Is committed to ensuring a positive and safe work environment at all times.
- Participate in Sales Blitz’s, and completes follow up in a timely manner with potential corporate clients.
- Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts.
- Manages and negotiates account details and contracts so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
**This position is expected to conduct sales efforts outside of hotel 75% of the time.**
Job Requirements will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- A proven track record: Experience at successfully increasing revenues and delivering results.
- Experience managing extended stay hotel sales efforts is strongly desired.
- The ability to operate independently: Achieve superior results while working with minimal direction and exceptional support.
- Ownership mentality.
- Strategic foresight: An ability to foresee upcoming market dynamics and assist General manager to craft a sales and marketing plan to maximize results.
- An eye for detail: Deliver exceptional customer and associate service.
- An analytical mind: Possess the ability to analyze and adjust strategies as is required in today's volatile markets.
- Travel within assigned area, up to 75% travel is required.
- Possess strong follow up skills.