This position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Ticketing Services Operation which includes Ticketing Services, Front Gate, and Hospitality Services. This position manages GS&T HR including departmental hiring, training, tracking, scheduling, and all other HR-related responsibilities. This role will assist in the planning, preparing, and implementing SOPs, procedures and programs for the day-to-day operation of the Guest Services & Ticketing Department at Hersheypark and ZooAmerica. This position will also support the Galaxy Ticketing System Administrator with assisting in the setup of tickets, programs, events and season passes.
The Area Manager, Guest Services & Ticketing is a member of the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Guest Services & Ticketing team. This position reports to the Manager, Ticketing & Financial Analysis and resides within the Entertainment Complex. Relocation will not be offered for this position.
- Hires, trains, manages, coaches and develops part-time staff for the Ticketing Services Operation.
- Development of content and implementation of departmental and area-specific training.Department liaison to Human Resources, managing and updating records and documentation for all part-time employees. Oversees edits and approvals for part-time payroll processing in Kronos and schedules the part-time staff for Ticketing, Front Gate, and Hospitality Services. Ensures department is compliant with all company policies regarding employees.
- Provide support to the Galaxy Ticketing System Administrator through assistance with ticket, programs, events, season passes.
- Assist in the implementation of new procedures to improve service to our internal and external guests
- Serve as the departmental duty manager on a rotating basis for the department as well as Manager On Duty for Hersheypark rotation.
- Assist with solving ticketing issues affecting internal and external guests as well as end of reporting including Chocolate Currency reconciliation, Department Labor Hours tracking, Variance reporting, and Petty Cash Reconciliation.
- Resolve internal and external guest issues in a timely and hospitable manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have at least two (2) years experience in ticketing, customer service or a related field.
- Must have at least three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Human Resources. Four (4) years of work experience is required if degree requirement is not met.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License.
- Previous experience in the Amusement Park industry is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Galaxy Ticketing System experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in the Hospitality industry is preferred
- Proficient working with details and multitasking on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Must embody HE&R Core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer