SpringHill Suites & TownePlace Suites Boca Raton
Area General Manager - Select Service
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
- Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
- A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
- Guests and team members receive all that they expect... plus a little bit more.
The Area General Manager for select service hotels is the key individual in the organization's chain of command with complete responsibility for all activities at his/her hotels. The Area General Manager takes charge of all components of his/her property's business, serving as a positive role model for all subordinates while representing the owner’s fiduciary interests.
Specific key responsibilities are:
- Generate maximum financial and operational performance within the framework of the Groups Mission Statement, specific direction and established policies and
- Champion the Hotel’s Business plan and Operational Budget
- Develop and nurture team members ensuring they are directed towards the achievement of the hotel’s goals and priorities. Fully implement and utilize the integrated goal planning and performance appraisal
- Lead the hotels in an entrepreneurial fashion. Focus on opportunities to build and expand the business volume. Lead the sales and revenue building efforts for the 3 Florida properties.
- Maintain and support the organization's professional image and high ethics. Represent the hotel in the local and professional
- Develop annual goal and action plans. Review, update and forward to direct supervisor on a semi-annual basis. Ensure all exempt team members follow and embrace the G & A
Operational Quality and Guest Satisfaction:
- The Area General Manager must create a culture through personal example that emphasizes guest satisfaction through excellent operational
- Focus on Our Quality Pledge, Our Big 3 , Marriott’s brand standards and training requirements, and the Group’s Mission Statement in all operational and sales decisions. Create a guest first priority and true sense of urgency throughout the hotels. Complete and submit the Big 3 Report Card throughout the
- Fully utilize and follow through on guest comment programs. Respond quickly to deficiencies and take corrective action. Communicate results, develop and implement corrective
- Maintain a high personal visibility through the hotel in direct guest and team member
- Fully implement all Company and Marriott Franchise operational policies and continually monitor compliance by the hotel teams. Inspect and follow
- Champion the suite inspection program and ensure compliance to company
- Adhere to the Marriott Standards for soliciting feedback and comments from guests through GuestVoice on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with all guest services and facilities. Take appropriate corrective actions based on
- Be available to all guests at all times and respond to their needs and requests in a timely, efficient and professional manner
Leadership and Team Member Development:
- Develop the entire staff into a team that focuses clearly on the goals and actions that support the Hotel’s Mission Statement and the company’s One Team! philosophy. Review team member goal plans quarterly and develop adjusted goals to the changing business
- Recruit, interview and orient new members of the team. Ensure that each new team member receives a thorough orientation and training on company policies and Marriott mandatory training requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure an effective and fair Human Resource program at the hotel
- Maintain fair and consistent application of company and hotel human resources policies and procedures. Utilize an open door approach. Maintain an environment free from harassment and discrimination
- Perform timely and effective team member performance appraisals. Coach, counsel and lead team member
- Serve as a mentor for hotel team members that have expressed interest in growth opportunities with the Company. Take an active role in grooming these individuals for advancement
- Oversee the hotel’s daily operations utilizing a visible, hands on approach. Actively engage in the key decisions and issues in each area of the hotels
- The Area General Manager is responsible for the proper and long-term maintenance of the hotels and assets therein. He/she must conduct daily walk-throughs of the properties, work areas and guestroom and preventative maintenance inspections, enforcing the preventative maintenance policies.
- Implement and follow through on Company Policies and Procedures as issued through the Big 3 Bulletin and detailed in operational manuals. Examples of key programs include Guestroom Inspections and Preventative Maintenance. Properly maintain company manuals, policies and program
- Serve as the hotel’s direct liaison with Marriott contacts and staff. Comply with all Marriott standards,programs and training requirements.
- Direct weekly management staff, monthly all team meetings, quality and safety and security
- Ensure that all team members are provided with the necessary tools and equipment to productively and safely perform their jobs
Direct Sales Leadership and Revenue Growth:
- Champion the hotel's sales effort through active participation with clients and involvement with Sales staff members. Coordinate with corporate sales personnel as required, attending weekly sales meetings,
- Review and follow through on the achievement of Sales goals and objectives. Closely monitor solicitation and booking activity through the sales activity reporting
- Help create new sales programs in response to market conditions and revenue Adapt an entrepreneurial and creative approach to sales efforts.
- Champion the Rooms Yield Management Program through active participation with the Corporate Revenue Manager and/or Revenue Management for
- Take leadership role in a minimum of one Community organization that benefits the hotel's financial performance and image. Serve as the hotels’ and the company ambassador to the local resident and business
Financial Performance and Fiduciary Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage the financial results of the property using a hands-on detail oriented approach. Act rather than react. Utilize a long-term focus that protects operational quality and asset value. Observe all ethical policies and procedures
- Implement and follow through on Company programs in all cost management and investment areas
- Lead the end of month accounting process and ensure accurate
- Maintain adherence to all Company Accounting Policies and Procedures. Ensure that effective cash and asset controls are in place throughout the property. Monitor and follow- through on city ledger and accounts receivable issues. Follow through quickly and thoroughly on issues identified in the accounting audit
- Actively manage the financial statement. Review month end Preliminary P&L and General Ledger statements and correct with the corporate accountants. Teach the process to the Operations Manager/Assistant General Manager.
- Maintain a constant awareness of performance versus plan. Proactively manage spending to insure appropriate costs relative to revenues
- Provide accurate and timely budget updates and Flash Profit and Loss information
Business Plan, Budget and Goal Planning Process:
- Be fully aligned with the Company's mission
- Create a Property Goal Wheel through the Company’s Goal Planning
- Involve the management team
- Follow the company outline and schedule
- Consistently coach and counsel subordinates on the achievement of their goals and action plans. Meet with each direct report
- Plan expenses in detail to correspond with approved revenues in line with expense and productivity standards, implement Flex Spending as required.
- Develop a goal oriented Business Plan to support the financial goals. Fully implement and follow through on the goals and action process with all Operations Managers and sales personnel throughout the
- Champion the hotel's Capital Improvement process. Develop and execute a comprehensive plan that respects both the long-term priorities and short term needs of the hotel
Safety and Security:
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for guest and team members. Special focus is to be placed on guest access issues and the prevention of unauthorized persons in the
- Proactively address liability and loss prevention opportunities. Respond quickly and thoroughly to loss prevention issues raised during franchise, company and insurance inspections.
- Implement franchise and company safety policies. Ensure that all systems are maintained on a scheduled
- Fully implement, maintain and update annually, an on-property emergency preparedness training and procedures plan.
- Maintain a clear line of communication with direct supervisor. Keep them aware of areas of concern and significant occurrences at the hotel. Communicate and follow through in a timely and complete manner. Utilize the company e-mail system to the greatest extent possible.
- Participate in special assignments as
- Participate and contribute actively during company meetings and training
The following are basic requirements for this position:
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills, professional, caring behavior toward both guests and team members.
- Demonstrate behaviors and actions that align with our One Team! Philosophy incorporating our values of Communication, Collboration, Adapt and Change, Respect, Fun and Encouragement and Success.
- "Guest first" service approach. Demonstrated guest service
- Entrepreneurial style that reflects a true sense of pride and ownership. Demonstrated success in achieving revenue growth and the implementation of yield management and business
- A minimum of 2 years Front Office
- Familiarity and ability to utilize technology as it relates to hotel operations and communications.
- General Manager of comparative select service and extended stay
- Previous hotel management experience in Rooms, and/or
- Specific technical expertise in common hotel technology systems and business software
- Bachelor of Science degree in Hotel Administration from an accredited
- Accredited College education - 4-year degree or equivalent
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled