Area General Manager
Pillar Hotels and Resorts is an affiliated entity of Aimbridge Hospitality. Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 450 hotels and resorts with more than 63,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels.
As an Area General Manager, you will fill a key leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will skillfully oversee the hotel's overall operation through maintaining established cost and quality standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
The ideal Area General Manager candidate will:
- Be experienced in Hotel Management and brand experience preferred.
- Manages all sources of revenue including the rooms, housekeeping, food and beverage, engineering, and other departments. Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Creates local and national marketing plans and pricing strategies and knows market segments. Responds quickly to changing market conditions and revises strategies accordingly.
- Actively participates in sales discussions, meetings and plans. Knows key account executives and business base. Knows monthly production levels for each sales person on the staff.
- Creates the hotel’s annual budget and monitors the performance of the hotel throughout the year.
- Manages human resources functions of the hotel by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Where Achievement & Responsibility Are Rewarded
At Pillar Hotels and Resorts, achievement and responsibility are rewarded with freedom to do your job. We believe a high-degree of personal freedom leads to a high-degree of personal responsibility, high-energy innovation and high productivity. Pillar Hotels and Resorts values ideas and reward those willing to step forward and help us innovate to deliver better guest service and better financial results.
Area General Manager Requirements
Pillar Hotels and Resorts is seeking a high caliber General Manager candidates with a four-year college degree or 2 years of hotel General Management experience as well as multi-property experience.
Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary performance, strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.
Community, Consistency, Culture and Communication
Having fun helps us keep perspective. If we're happy our guests will be happy. Our core Pillars of strength - Community, Consistency, Culture and Communication - reflect our philosophies and provides the foundation for our phenomenal growth.