The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the Food & Beverage Department at the Courtyard Marriott Toronto Airport and the Food transfer to 2 other airport properties. He or she manages food preparation and services to provide superior services for the hotel and guests and meets all company & Brand accounting & Audit procedures.
- Oversee the daily operations of the department based on daily checklist.
- Interviews for new hires, trains and motivates associates.
- Advises the General Manager on associate performance and completes performance appraisals.
- Prepare work schedule based on business volume while adhering to the approved labour matrix.
- Conduct regular inspections of kitchen and food servings in accordance to brand standards.
- Liaise with the Meeting & Event Manager to ensure planning and coordination of activities.
- Prepares payroll for the department.
- Inputs and controls all Micros POS functions.
- Recommend equipment purchases to the General Manager.
- Check food for taste, temperature and presentation.
- Maintain adequate level of supplies.
- Ensure food requisitions are completed and ordered.
- Perform monthly food and wares inventory to adhere to corporate policies.
- Work regular shifts and handle customer complaints related to the department.
- Ensure that area remains clean, maintained and properly stocked.
- Ensure operational safety of kitchen equipment.
- Set-up, organize and supervise all functions in the Department.
- Establish and enforce Hotel policies, rules and regulations.
- Keep watch over products served in order to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Responsible for the weekly forecasting and labour projection.
- Manage labour cost and food and beverage cost control.
- Hold daily briefings with employees in order to keep them informed of new developments.
- Attend regular management meetings and contribute ideas with regard to hotel operations in general.
- Act as a liaison between the departments.
- Implement any new brand initiatives.
- Completion of four years High School or equivalent.
- Previous Food & Beverage Managerial experience required.
- Physically able to transport food and beverage trays weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Endure profuse physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Attention to detail, order and cleanliness.
- Exceptional energy, flexibility and professionalism.
- Demonstrated coaching skills and ability to influence team members toward the hotels goals. Organization, efficiency and time. Management skills a must.
- Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Team Player, Previous Marriott experience and definite asset.
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, constantly changing environment within a dynamic work schedule.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Peter Kingsbury, General Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org