Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Area Director of Sales & Marketing directs all aspects of sales including analyzing and achieving strategic objectives and business growth potential, for hotels within designated Area. Direct staff, sales, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources. The Director of Sales directs all sales operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, Company, brand standards, and local, state and national regulations. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations. Recommends the Sales budget, marketing/business plans, capital expenditures and manages within approved plans and objectives.
This position directly manages assigned staff and indirectly manages all subordinates. Articulates Company goals to the staff. Demonstrates commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity and respect for the Company and associates. Unites associates in a common commitment to achieve and exceed these goals. Works closely with management throughout the assigned hotels and the Company. Impresses customers and guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer and Guest Satisfaction – As the representative of the Company and assigned hotels, professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers. Convey a strong belief in the hotels and confidently discuss hotel features, services and advantages. Exercise creativity, discretion and independent judgment in determining how to assemble an event to suit each customer's taste. Conduct site visits and prepare original, creative proposals tailored to address the needs of and to impress the customer. Develop solutions to any cost concerns and resolve any challenges or problems. Direct and ensure Sales standards and procedures are followed. Direct the Sales staffs’ schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the department budget. Ensure timely response to customer and guest needs. Resolve customer and guest complaints as appropriate to maintain customer and guest satisfaction. Regularly review service scores to identify areas needing improvement and implement appropriate changes. Ensure the Sales staff regularly adheres to all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper greeting. Be knowledgeable on hotel facilities, services and the city to assist customers and guests as appropriate.
- Human Resources – In conjunction with the Human Resources department, direct recruiting, hiring, training, development and retention of a motivated and efficient Sales staffs. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety and fire. Coach, counsel, resolve conflicts, discipline and terminate as appropriate through fair treatment and in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Conduct associate performance and salary reviews in a timely manner and in accordance with Company guidelines. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment. Promote the hotel as an employer of choice in the community.
- Sales/Profitability – Knowledgeable on market, positioning of hotels, amenities and brand. Understand booking patterns, trends, high demand times, and events in the market. Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, the internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement and networking. Research competing hotels and identify sales strategies. Meet / exceed personal booking goals and motivate staffs to do same. Understand and use industry reports like Star Reports, etc. Develop effective sales strategies to counter the competition. Influence and convince customers to select the hotel for their hospitality needs. Negotiate terms and reconcile differences. Develop contingency plans and act promptly and effectively when closing problems arise. Develop valuable business relationships that result in additional sales and new customers to capture a larger share of the local market. Aggressively pursue all appropriate opportunities for customer solicitation and relationship building. Aggressively engage in creative networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business. Develop, recommend, implement and manage the Sales annual budget, business/marketing plan, and objectives to meet/exceed expectations. Market the hotel and services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives. Ensure sales costs are within budgeted guidelines. Review vendors and products to ensure procurement of top quality products at minimum prices. If necessary, develop action steps to correct any expense problems. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Managers.
- Life Safety/Risk Management – Assist the General Managers with hotel life safety. Direct and promote an accident prevention program to minimize liabilities and related expenses. Ensure appropriate sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures are in place, followed and comply with policies, standards and regulations. Ensure the staff is proficient in sanitary, safety security and emergency procedures. Notify the General Manager of any potential liability and propose proper course of action to prevent the hotel from incurring any such liability. Make recommendations to the General Managers on additional safeguards as appropriate. Practice safe work habits.
- Asset Management - Walk the operations daily to identify issues and to speak with and listen to associates. Ensure associates are properly trained in sales techniques and procedures. Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel’s financial assets against loss or misappropriation. Ensure preventative maintenance programs are in place to protect assets and maintenance related problems are reported to Engineering through proper channels. Inspect and evaluate the condition of the Sales area and equipment. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Managers. Work collaboratively with the Corporate Office to ensure Company assets are accurately tracked. Ensure associates are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
- Leadership – Direct all facets of sales. Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist the General Managers in positioning the hotel as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs. Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests. Regular and timely attendance with high standards of personal behavior, appearance and grooming including wearing the proper nametag when working.
- Communication – Ensure all communication containing Company, hotel, brand, customer and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Mainta