At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Profit Motivation, Financial Success, Customer Service/Relations, Quality Leadership, Teamwork, Communication, Innovation, Decision-Making, Work Methods
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent - college degree preferred
- Vocational/Technical Training with experience.
- Minimum five years experience in the hospitality field required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with good ability as a trainer.
- Work-related Analytical Experience.
- Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
- Current experience in a senior revenue management position with responsibility for either a large hotel or multiple properties.
- Thorough knowledge of the internet.
- Thorough knowledge of the GDS and Extranets
- Understanding of revenue management techniques and strategies.
- Some travel required.
- Optimize RevPAR by analyzing/forecasting demand and establishing effective selling strategies, oversell strategies, optimal and seasonal market mix including group, transient and wholesale using Benchmark Hospitality revenue management tools.
- Conduct ongoing competitor price/product analyses to ensure proper rate positioning/product offering relative to competition
- Work with Revenue Management Strategy team on pricing decisions for transient, group and wholesale segments.
- Implement pricing strategies for group and transient business segments; analyze competitor-pricing analysis to ensure correct daily and seasonal rate positioning to the competition.
- Works with Reservations Sales team to ensure ongoing F.I.T.
- Sales Training; analyze each individual agent’s conversion and coaching call scores and then assists Reservations Sales Agent in improving their performance.
- Manage Reservations: interview, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline, as appropriate
- Establishes and maintains minimum standards for Transient Room Sales to include: weekly Yield Meetings, PMS rate configuration, sales agent scripting, call conversion goals, coaching call goals, and standardized reporting.
- Acts as a liaison between electronic distribution channels, including offsite call center, to maximize property exposure and bookings.
- Provides a monthly analysis to management complete with speculation on future performance of all market segments to include Rate, Occupancy, and REVPAR.
- Work with DOSM to provide a weekly and monthly analysis of the STAR report to include both group and transient.
- Manage/update current selling strategies and product information in all available distribution channels/reservation sources (PMS, third-party reservations providers, call centers, websites, GDS, etc.)
- Facilitate Weekly Revenue Strategy meetings Work with the Corporate Director of Revenue Management in recommending and implementing of Revenue Management programs and new initiatives at the hotel.
- Work with DOSM and hotel team to establish strategies to increase revenue of both rooms and F&B.
- Generate and distribute daily, weekly and monthly revenue management reports and present results from all segments including internet channels.
- Maintain accurate and detailed historical data for all market segments
- Continually monitor all pertinent travel related websites to ensure competitiveness in positioning, text, availability and price.
- Maximizing the Hotels' revenues by monitoring transient and group production, ensuring that an optimal guest mix is maintained
- Compile data, analyze trends, and develop accurate weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Critically analyzing the impact of the revenue management strategies implemented by the Hotels, including pricing
- Ensuring that all rate plans are built in accordance with established guidelines
- Update and maintain all revenue management tools.
- Ensuring that the Hotels' position in the GDS and other distribution channels is consistent with the Hotels' Selling Strategies, includes conducting rate parity and availability audits
- Ensure group inventory and cut-off dates are managed according to demand
- Dealing effectively with people, creating teamwork, taking charge, generating enthusiasm, motivating and using an uplifting and lead-by-example leadership approach
Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Benchmark Hospitality International is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military service obligations, citizenship status, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.