Area Director of Revenue Management
Location: US - OR - Portland
Area Director of Revenue Management - Portland, Oregon
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so, regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
This position will be based in Portland and will oversee the three Kimpton properties in the market. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of multi-property DORM experience as well as experience opening or transitioning hotels.
What you get to do:
- Install, cultivate and maintain a cohesive, methodical, analytical revenue management and performance review culture, driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and shared best practices that optimizes the revenue potential of the superior service, product and people of Kimpton.
- Attain Budgeted Room Revenue and maximize RevPAR penetration at all hotels.
- The position reports directly to the Regional Director of Revenue Management.
- Lead the hotels' analytical efforts as applied to room sales.
- Develop and elevate your direct reports (e.g., Area Revenue Manager, Area Revenue Analyst)
- Support the hotels' yield efforts via analysis and reporting that ensure that all segments and distribution channels are mined for revenue opportunities based on budget, forecast, pace and market demand.
- Develop and maintain an innovative, forward-thinking team attitude, driven towards improvement.
- Ensure that training is a systematic priority such that there is redundancy for all tasks.
- Maximize the potential and ensure proactive and accurate maintenance and management of all systems: IDeaS RMS; HIS Epitome, Micros Opera and Business Intelligence; Synxis CRS; Travelclick H360; etc.
- Partner with the sales team, providing analysis, training and data collection for Sales as needed.
- Provide analytical research documents and reports in support of the annual Rate and Budget processes as well as development of the Sales and Marketing Plan.
- Identify and communicate demand periods (high and low) for which a strategic plan is needed; build the strategic plan in conjunction with Area Sales Management.
- Ensure that the necessary reports are maintained and systematically analyzed, including market intelligence reports including but not limited to: Hotelligence (Rate360, Agency360, Demand360); STR Monthly/Weekly Reporting; STR Trend, RPM, Bandwidth, Pulse; etc.
- For each hotel, produce and analyze all reports for Weekly Strategy/Yield Meetings.
- In each hotel's Weekly Strategy Meetings, provide insight and recommendations in terms of pricing, availability, market demand and promotional opportunities for all segments and channels.
- Ensure that each hotel's yield strategy is accurately implemented and with a sense of urgency in all distribution channels via IDeaS RM and Synxis CRS for all future dates.
- For each hotel, ensure that a daily 120 day forecast by segment is updated and reviewed weekly.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Strong leadership skills as well as an enthusiastic team spirit.
- Incisive analytical skills, as well as excellent problem recognition and resolution skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative, to succeed while under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experienced, insightful and resourceful in the art of yielding a hotel; possessing a deep understanding of the analytical business review process.
- Three years previous experience as a Director of Revenue Management in a major metropolitan, urban market.
- Expansive knowledge of both transient and group, with a particularly strong emphasis on GDS, CRS, and internet sales.
- Computer literate, with strength in Microsoft Excel; possessing the aptitude and desire to learn new technology.
- Strong customer focus.
- Overwhelming desire to succeed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Relevant Bachelor-level degree, Masters degree or certification degree preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).