For over 30 years, HRI Properties has pioneered partnerships with communities to revitalize historic structures and create diverse, sustainable neighborhoods. These efforts have created opportunities for meaningful employment throughout the community. As a result, HRI has been voted "Best Places to Work" in New Orleans for the past three years. HRI Lodging (HRIL), the hotel management division of HRI, is one of the 50 largest hotel management companies in the U.S. Continued growth of the organization is supported by key alliances with major domestic and international investment firms as well as relationships with industry leading brands including Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, Intercontinental Hotel Group and Crowne Plaza. We are looking for the "best of the best" to join us in our continued growth and success!
The Area Human Resources Director will lead the HR effort on multiple properties, with primary emphasis on a wide range of basic Human Resource functions, such as recruiting, on-boarding, record-keeping, brand training, benefit administration and employee relations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field is strongly preferred and a minimum of 5 years of work experience in HR positions. Hotel management experience preferred.
- A PHR or SPHR certification or the ability to obtain certification within one year is required.
- Proven experience managing the legal process connected with HR issues.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, listening, oral, written and presentation skills. Excellent presentation and platform skills are critical in this position. Must have the ability to speak calmly, professionally and clearly in a variety of settings.
- Ability to handle conflict, articulate their own and others goals and stay focused on a positive outcome.
- Experience in dealing with Federal, State and Local Labor Laws.
- Proficiency in working with ADP’s payroll system is desired; Excellent Microsoft Word, and Excel skills are required.
- Must have the ability to work alone, with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Must be highly organized with outstanding time management skills.