Area Director of Food and Beverage
At Richfield, we are dedicated to creating and sustaining meaningful hospitality careers for our associates. We support our associates with highly competitive salaries, outstanding health benefits, extensive training and development programs, promotion from within the organization, and a positive team-based culture where people make the difference.
Richfield Hospitality sets high performance expectations, and we reward dedicated associates who are driven to produce impactful and innovative results for our guests and the company. Our flexible and nimble organization is maintained at a manageable size, enabling our associates to avoid bureaucratic red-tape. This competitive advantage drives our entrepreneurial management style that empowers our associates to make decisions, be creative, work resourcefully, and produce immediate results that exceed expectations.
Richfield Hospitality, Inc. is a leading hotel management company with a premier track record of maximizing profitability and improving asset values for hotel owners. From hotel operations and property management to electronic distribution and interactive marketing, Richfield achieves superior operating results through its strong commitment to guests, associates and owners.The Kahler Hospitality Group is a collection of six hotels located in Rochester, MN. The portfolio includes the International Towers at the Kahler Grand – Rochester’s only 5 star hotel, Kahler Grand Hotel, Kahler Inn and Suites, Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area, Residence Inn Mayo Clinic Area and the Kahler Apache Inn. The Kahler mission is to serve with all of our heart, offering standout hospitality, excellent dining, caring in-room healthcare, and fulfilling any needs that might arise during your stay.
We seek leaders that have a passion for hospitality and are Accountable, Authentic, Compassionate, Driven, Original, Talentcentric, and Fun. These are our Hallmarks and they reflect the values that are important to us. Our Hallmarks drive our culture and play an integral role to the success and the continued growth of our company.
The Area Director of Food & Beverage, a member of the Hotel Executive Committee, is responsible for the successful operation of the Food & Beverage department. This role oversees the strategic vision of the department, and will inspire, lead and manage the Food and Beverage operation. This position requires a hands-on approach.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the Food and Beverage division.
- Contribute to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
- Empower Managers and Associates.
- Implement and maintain local and national Food and Beverage Sales and Marketing programs.
- Develop short and long term financial and operational plans for the Food and Beverage division, which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Consistent maintenance of/and refinement of service standards
- Review outlet P & L and financial information monthly.
- Maintenance of adequate service ware of outlets through communication with Stewarding Team
- Assist outlet managers and unit chefs in refinement of successful daily menu specials.
- Assure unit management development through well planned cross training programs.
- Consistent maintenance of environments of all outlets and related areas.
- Maintenance of all outlet key control procedures.
- Assure forecasts of daily linen consumption, and communicate needs to Linen Company. Housekeeper.
- Monitor serviceability of front of house uniforms and forecasts uniform consumption and purchase schedule.
- Attend weekly BEO Meetings.
- Personally oversees VIP and Special Events as necessary.
- Ability to work as a team and collaborate.
- Continually improve product quality and presentations.
- Excellent menu concept creation and menu engineering.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills, including service recovery and empowerment.
- Strong computer, mobile and tablet knowledge.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, and teamwork skills
- Minimum 10 years Hotel Food and Beverage management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Food & Beverage Management in an upscale hotel environment.
- Restaurant and Bar Management
- Strong knowledge of wines.
- Strong working knowledge of Digital Dining and Squirrel POS.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
- Union experience required.
- Pleasant and positive personality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.