Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Area Convention Services Manager is responsible for daily supervision of convention services and guest service. Supervises the coordination and planning for assigned group catering and events in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North and the Westin Fort LauderdaleWhat you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise the convention services. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, food and beverage handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- Perform and supervise preparation for group catering and events including completion of Banquet Event Order (BEO), meeting room set up specifications, banquet food and beverage, audio visual, program details, attrition, deposits, billing details and collection of payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported to Engineering through proper channels.
- Order supplies and maintain accurate inventory as assigned.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to management so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager before leaving work area.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel or Business Management, or equivalent required.
- Must have minimum 1-2 years' experience in Conference/Catering/Event coordination in a hotel of comparable quality.
- Must be knowledgeable of operations in all other areas.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow proper convention services sales and service.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.