Holiday Inn Dulles
401K 3:1 Match/Medical/Dental/Vision
- Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
- A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
- Guests and team members receive all that they expect... plus a little bit more.
The Area Controller will be responsible for 3 hotels; Holiday Inn Dulles, Best Western Dulles and TownePlace Suites Dulles. This individual will ensure that all hotel assets from cash to accounts receivable to furniture and equipment are protected and properly accounted for on behalf of the B.F. Saul Company Hospitality Group. To ensure that the financial statements, specifically the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet, accurately reflect the results of operations.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- To maintain open and meaningful communication with the General Managers of all hotels in the region and the Division Controller. Communication of ongoing current opportunities and future plans is vital to the success of the controller's position.
- The management of the on-site property Accounting Departments in the region to include:
- All positions are properly staffed with competent and trained personnel
- Cross training of all functions
- An orderly succession plan
- The ability to "step in" and perform any of the duties by a vacant position without an adverse affect to the department and hotel as a whole.
- Assure that department personnel are sales oriented at customer contact points.
- To ensure that all properties' financial statements:
- are an accurate reflection of the hotel's performance via a detailed monthly review of accounts between "preliminary" and "final" statements.
- are reviewed in detail so that specific variances and discrepancies between the annual budget and current expectations are completely analyzed and courses of actions implemented if needed.
- To ensure that all accounting controls surrounding hotel operations, including front office, food and beverage, etc., are operating within the guidelines of the Accounting Manual or just good business sense. The primary areas include but are not limited to the following:
- All aspects which pertain to cash, and its handling
- Accounts receivable
- Hotel purchases and accounts payable
- Daily Revenue Reports (night audit and night audit packets)
- End of month closings
- Payroll and personnel
- Ensure that purchases are made at a level consistent with business volume
- To ensure that all documentation kept on property and submitted to the Home Office, which affects and pertains to the Hotel's profit and loss performance, is accurate, complete and compiled in accordance with our company's policies and procedures.
- To achieve the appropriate elements of the company's policies and Hotel's Mission Statement.
- To coordinate and support all aspects of the hotel's budgeting process
- Maintain a professional and ethical image for the company and function as a key member of the Hotel's management team.
Position Requirements (Skills/Abilities):
Experience: Previous hotel controller experience.
Education: A minimum of two years college education with an emphasis on accounting.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled