Do you get excited by numbers? Is forecasting and budgeting a thing you like to do? Do you want to be part of a growing organization?
PM Hotel Group is a top 20, leading hotel management company in the USA. We manage nearly 40 hotels and development projects comprised of more than 9,000 rooms throughout the United States, providing development, technical consulting, on-site management, revenue leadership and strategy, and accounting expertise.
We are looking for an Area Controller to oversee the accounting functions for 2 hotels in our DC Market. The Area Controller will be responsible to communicate and work with properties in a centralized accounting system. Educate and enforce Corporate SOP’s and best practices.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Perform daily cash reconciliation and clearing from the daily PMS\POS submission and daily bank activity
- Review A/R aging and assist in collection and inform Regional Director of Finance of any potential uncollectible accounts.
- Reconcile all credit card /cash deposits from PMS system to each bank account on a daily basis. Research any missing deposits or shortages.
- Monitor web-based revenue system daily to insure Night Audit imports are completed and balanced
- Communicate, train and enforce accounting procedures on properties.
- Coordinate with property to ensure all month-end reports are submitted timely
- Ensure correct GL coding and upload AP invoices for the properties
- Verify payroll tips and gratuity.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Prepare month end financials and balance sheets
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and submit monthly sales/occupancy tax reports
- Must have hotel accounting experience, strong excel and systems skills along with the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition who can work well with little supervision. Maintain a professional appears and manner at all times. Can communicate well with General Managers and Owners. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to compile facts and figures. Ability to contribute new ideas and create efficiencies
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Hotel Accounting Experience a Must
Solomon and Profitsword/Profitsage experience
Multi property Accounting experience