Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for representing the company to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. Responsible for the development and performance of all sales and catering activities in assigned market. Listen to customer needs, analyze this information and create tailored proposals. Negotiate and close sales while meeting/exceeding sales targets. Impress customers with tailored proposals, quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. Work with management throughout the hotel and the Company.
- Proactive and Creative Sales and Catering -Exercise creativity, discretion and independent judgment in determining how to assemble an event to suit each customer's taste. Give full attention to what customers are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate. Conduct site visits and prepare original, creative proposals tailored to address the needs of and to impress the customer. Develop solutions to any cost concerns and resolve any challenges or problems. Aggressively pursue all appropriate opportunities for customer solicitation and relationship building. Aggressively engage in creative networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business.
- Negotiate and Close Sales – Influence and convince customersto select the hotel for their hospitality needs. Negotiate terms and reconcile differences. Develop contingency plans and act promptly and effectively when closing problems arise. Recognize customers for loyalty and/or accept feedback. Identify and secure business to fit the yield strategy. Sell to fill need dates. Sell and upsell hotel services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives. Capture all profitable business. Attain/exceed sales goals and profitability. Directly responsible for achieving production numbers established by booking goals and outside sales activities. Communicate sales activities with peers and superiors.
- ·Account Management - Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and others in the course of their event planning. After securing business, deliver a high level of customer service with key decision makers, solve customer problems, meet commitments, seek customer input and anticipate customer needs. As appropriate, meet the customer at the event, ensure proper event set-up and customer satisfaction. Take initiative to solve any problems by liaison with other hotel managers.
- Administration – Responsible for compilation of required sales reports and reporting process. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all sales and transactions. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Provide management with accurate information and comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
QUALIFICATIONSThe Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- A four-year college degree in hospitality management, marketing, business or related degree or equivalent experience. Two or more years of sales and catering related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. Ability to travel locally and overnight.
Skills and Abilities:
- Possess knowledge of hospitality, business and basic accounting principles and practices. Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills. Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual customers. Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes. Ability to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills and work habits. Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure. Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely and thorough work. Ability to compile facts and figures, analyze information and arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Must satisfy and comply with the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
We offer an array of company sponsored and voluntary benefits to full and part time team members! We believe that taking care of our team members is a top priority, and because of this, we work diligently to provide you with the best benefits available!
Full time (30 hours/week) team members are eligible for:
- Complimentary Parking
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Insurance
- No-Cost Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Our Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Reimbursement Accounts
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Team Member Room Discounts!