Great Wolf Lodge, Traverse City
Location: US - MI - Traverse City
Nov 7, 2017
Great Wolf Lodge, Traverse City
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Management of Pack Members:
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and maintaining Pack Members within the department.
- Responsible for evaluating Pack Members and reviewing compensation.
- Develops, implements, and monitors schedules for the waterpark operation. Schedules should be posted at least two weeks in advance.
- Assists other managers and provides necessary input to improve overall waterpark operations.
- Plans training and development programs within the department that will provide well-trained Pack Members at all levels.
- Creates and implements management development programs. Permits advancement for those Pack Members qualified and interested in career development.
- Works to maintain an efficient, cooperative atmosphere among Pack Members.
- Management of Operations:
- Works closely with the other management staff to effectively coordinate resort activities.
- Clearly describes and assigns responsibility and authority for the operation of the department.
- Plans and directs the Aquatics Department to meet the needs of the waterpark operation.
- Assists with in-service trainings throughout the year.
- Interfaces with the Maintenance Department for effective waterpark operations.
- Serves on resort Executive Committee to represent the interests of the waterpark and safety programs.
- Management of Finances:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining departmental budgets, forecasts, and financial reports as needed.
- Responsible for approving purchases for the department.
- Avoids overtime in scheduling and in general operations
- Avoids last minute orders of supplies
- Management of Guest Experience:
- Monitors, manages, and responds to Market Metrix comments. Monitors ratings and proactively addresses guest comments with operational resolutions.
- Projects a positive public relations image to Pack Members and guests.
- Trains Pack Members to achieve positive guest interactions. Reinforces these behaviors daily.
- Follows up with guests, where necessary, for guest service and liability claims.
- Management of Assets and Physical Facility:
- Responsible for monitoring the Waterpark Facilities Manager's operation of mechanical spaces that serve the waterpark.
- Ensures department area clean and organized.
- Ensures that storage areas are clean, organized, and properly inventoried for next day's activities.
- Keeps mechanical equipment clean and well maintained. Reports any problems to Maintenance for repair by submitting work orders for repairs immediately.
- Management of Safety Processes & Procedures:
- Enforces policies and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of general and departmental safety procedures. Attends safety training programs and in-service education as required.
- Investigates and reports inappropriate behavior by Pack Members.
- Uses and reinforces safe chemical handling in addition to following and adhering to MSDS practices and procedures as outlined by GWR standards, OSHA, EPA, Green Seal, and Federal, State, and Local laws.
- Follows and reinforces procedures concerning protection against bloodborne pathogens.
- Oversees the Risk Management and Safety programs. Monitors guest incidents.
- Encourages and motivates team for high performance ratings on third-party audits and overall success of safety programs.
- Enforces rules and regulations and renders appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Adheres to and enforces safety procedures whenever bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, or using equipment.
- Maintains a general knowledge of the entire resort operation.
- Participates in resort MOD program.
- Position requires a commitment of at least 45 hours per week.
- College degree preferable.
- Complete GWR Manager Training Program.
- Exhibits the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of who will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
- Exhibits the ability to motivate diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcome challenges. Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve success beyond expectations.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully manage people to achieve performance goals. Excellent people management skills including conflict resolution, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Develops detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives. Effectively allocates resources and time across groups or departments.
- Takes an exhaustive approach to every task. Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of every work effort.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
High School Diploma required.
Must be able to create and maintain documents with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must work late nights, weekends, and holidays.
Minimum 3 years of experience in managing an Aquatics department with more than 50 lifeguards and various waterpark attractions.
Ellis & Associates ILTP license, Ellis & Associates Basic Leadership Training license, and Ellis & Associates Instructor license.
CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or equivalent.
Must meet Physical Requirements as outlined below.
Swim 50 yards in 4 ft. of water and retrieve a 10 lb brick at bottom of pool.
Must sit or stand for extended periods of time.
You will be working in a humid, warm environment and be immersed in water for extended periods of times.
Position requires the ability to lift, push, and pull at least 50 lbs and up to 100 lbs.
Climb multiple flights of stairs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.