Sunriver Resort, Oregon's most popular resort destination, is located on the Eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, 17 miles south of Bend, Oregon. Enjoying nearly 300 days of sunshine each year, Sunriver Resort combines world-class recreation and resort amenities with Oregon's natural beauty to create an extraordinary vacation destination. The resort boasts three world-class golf courses, which have won many awards including Golf Magazine's coveted Gold Medal as one of America's best golf resorts. Guests looking to relax can take refuge in our renowned Sage Springs Club and Spa. Offering a full range of massages, facials, body treatments, and salon services, our spa is the refuge of choice for relaxation-seekers.
Job OverviewAquatic Vegetation/Pest control Worker is responsible for assisting in managing the water quality of the Sun River and appropriate manangment of other pests. S/he will be involved in the removal of Duck weed, Canary grass, Cattails, and a variety of pest control techneques, such egg addling and mechanical trapping. S/he will be responsible for identifying pest infestations and utilizing appropriate pest management techniques to prevent or control populations. The Aquatic Vegetation/Pest Control Worker will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond standards.
Aquatic Vegetation/Pest control will always conduct him/herself in manner which supports the guiding principles of Destination Hotels & Resorts:
Acts with the highest ethical standards, treating others fairly & with respect.
Empower a diverse group of talented and prepared people.
Nurture lasting relationships with investors, customers and team members
Achieve optimum investment performance.
Focus on Continuous improvement of quality assets and services.
Consistently work to balance our lives and contribute positively to our communities.
The Aquatic Vegetation/Pest Control Worker shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Sunriver Resort Culture as well as promoting Sunriver Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
- Complies with all Sunriver Resort’s policies, procedures and safety regulations
- Maintains a strong knowledge of emergency procedures
- Attends appropriate resort, division and department meetings
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Sunriver Resort including use of guest name when possible & good eye contact with each guest
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments when necessary
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Communicates all pertinent information to the golf maintenance team
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Sunriver Resort dress code standards
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times
- Inspects golf course premises to identify pest infestation
- Assists in managing goose population with appropriate addling and hazing techniques
- Willing to set mechanical traps and use sulfur bombs for control of Belding Ground Squirrels
- Willing to set and place mechanical traps in burrows of moles and gophers
- Responsible for removal of rodents after extermination
- Removal of aquatic vegetation in waterways
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school education or equivalent required
- Prior landscaping experience preferred
- At least one year customer service experience preferred
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must have a valid Oregon drivers license and meet company driving standards
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Excellent equipment operation skills
- Must have good mechanical understanding and ability
- Must have excellent leadership skills
- Must have thorough understanding of the game of golf so as to understand the playability of the course
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbal and written
- Must possesses excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, cold, sun & heat);
- Must be able to stand & walk throughout the day, including on uneven surfaces;
- Must be able to frequently lift, push, pull & carry up to 25 lbs, occasionally up to 50 lbs and very occasionally up to 75 lbs with assistance;
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel & twist on an frequent basis, sometimes for prolonged periods;
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, squeezing, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; overhead reaching and fine manipulation occasionally.
- May occasionally work with pesticides and be exposed to dust