IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewTwo Roads Hospitality is seeking a talented Analyst to support our Acquisitions & Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team that leads the company’s expansion efforts. This position is based out of our Englewood, Colorado home office. The analyst will be on a team supporting the execution of the acquisition, development, and management contract efforts of the company.
Essential FunctionsAcquisitions and Development
- Assist VPs and EVP on all acquisition, development, and management contract efforts including sourcing, transaction negotiations and execution, underwriting, investment committee efforts, and capital structuring.
- Conduct primary market research and fieldwork including site tours and competitive hotel inspections. Moderate travel involved.
- Prepare analysis of competitive sets, including description of amenities, strengths, weaknesses, historical performance, marketing and sales strategies and market segments.
- Provide summaries of new supply and impact on revenue results and marketing efforts.
- Prepare analysis of future demand projections and demand sources.
- Formulate analysis of market penetration.
- Generate future operating pro formas based on historical results, industry standards and market analysis.
- Generate schedules to calculate return on investment on contributed capital.
- Assist in generation of pre-opening budgets and timelines (critical path).
- Prepare responses to Management Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- Prepare reports for final review and incorporation into the Investment Recommendation or Feasibility Analysis.
- Other ad hoc tasks as needed, including significant Microsoft Excel analysis and presentations.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and computer skills (high degree of Excel, PowerPoint and Word competency required)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Must work well with others and be self-motivated
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Willingness to travel
- General understanding of debt and equity markets
- Experience managing projects independently and presenting conclusions to superiors
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Knowledge of the current status of hospitality capital markets and general state of the industry
- 1-3+ years of hotel investment analysis (through acquisitions, development, consulting, and/or feasibility)
- Experience with IRR, ROI, and other return analyses
- Hotel pro forma experience with Excel
- Hotel operating experience a plus
Bachelor degree in hospitality, finance, real estate, business or related discipline.