AM Room Service Server - Part Time
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
The Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center is looking for a Part Time AM Room Service Server.
The Doubletree by Hilton is managed by Stonebridge Companies and features 305 guest rooms, 22,000 square feet of function space and the award winning ZINK Kitchen +Bar.
The Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center is located just 2 blocks from the Orchard Light Rail Station and Creates A Rewarding Experience for our team members by providing the following benefits:
*Discounted RTD Ecopass
*Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
*401k retirement plan
*Company provided Life Insurance
*Opportunities for career growth
*Discounted employee meals
*Discounted hotel rooms
We look forward to hearing from you!
A Room Service Server is responsible for receiving, preparing and delivering orders/items to guestrooms in an attentive, courteous, efficient and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
* Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
* Must be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
* Prepare station in anticipation of the day’s business.
* Stock work areas with china, glassware, linen, coffee pots, napkins and ensure that stock is clean and polished.
* Check VIP list and communicate orders to the kitchen and the next room service shift.
* Deliver trays and tables according to established standards.
* Retrieve trays on a timely basis.
* Ensure quality of food and beverage being delivered and communicate with Manager/Kitchen.
* Prepare and deliver amenities. Replenish as needed.
* Perform opening and closing duties according to established sidework checklist.
* Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials and upsell items to guests.
* Assist order taker in the answering of the telephone while maintaining the established standards.
* Communicate guest needs to the proper department.
* Handle guest’s complaints and communicate to management.
* Attend meetings/training as required by management.
* Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
Asks for and offers help when needed.
Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
Takes responsibility for own actions.
Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or experience in a hotel related field preferred.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to interpret and perform basic math functions.
* Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions.
Indoor work environment; minimal to moderate noise levels.
* Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.