When you're here, you're not far from where you need to be, but you're also right in the middle of paradise. With our incredible resort amenities on 175 acres of mountainous Pacific Northwest forest, overlooking the Columbia River Gorge, you might just forget you're only 45 minutes away from Portland.
We welcome and invite you to relax and enjoy the classic comfort of our Washington State Resort, Skamania Lodge, and the natural beauty of the Columbia River Gorge. Our promise to you is to deliver the very best experience and to help you create memories that will last a lifetime.
Job OverviewThis position will plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets, in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications.Essential Functions
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guide
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests
- Inform Head Cook of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Head Cook before leaving
- Previous experience required
- A minimum formal education of a high school diploma
- Should have any required certification to Handle Food
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills
- Should be able to read, speak and write in English