When you're here, you're not far from where you need to be, but you're also right in the middle of paradise. With our incredible resort amenities on 175 acres of mountainous Pacific Northwest forest, overlooking the Columbia River Gorge, you might just forget you're only 45 minutes away from Portland.
We welcome and invite you to relax and enjoy the classic comfort of our Washington State Resort, Skamania Lodge, and the natural beauty of the Columbia River Gorge. Our promise to you is to deliver the very best experience and to help you create memories that will last a lifetime.
Job OverviewYou will be a part of the culinary team which masterfully crafts distinctive dishes and cultivates an authentic food experience for our guests. Your food knowledge will be put to the test as you prepare, cook, and garnish meals which are distinct by design, yet true to its place.Essential Functions
- Enjoy working in a fast pace environment while utilizing safe food preparation practices
- Communicate effectively with all sorts of interesting people
- Cultivate an authentic food experience for our guests by bringing your creativity to the creation of distinctive dishes
- Bring the recipes you read to life by accurately reading & following the instructions
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Bring two years of culinary training or related kitchen experience
- Knowledge. Quality knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment.
- People Person. The best part about food is enjoying it with others.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to cook, and knows a thing or two about kitchen safety and cleanliness.