Vail Resorts Inc. is the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations.
Vail Resorts owns or manages 13 hotels located at its five premier mountain resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Heavenly, including RockResorts branded hotels and about 1,500 managed condominiums and townhomes. The Company also operates RockResorts in Santa Fe, Jackson Hole, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and St. Lucia.
Our mission is simple. Experience of a lifetime.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Nestled just below Eagle's Nest and just above the Game Creek chair lift, Game Creek Restaurant is a truly unique location, with a private, members-only lunch balanced with a gourmet dinner program. Dining at Game Creek is an exceptional experience where guests overlook the beautiful Game Creek Bowl and either ski in for lunch or ride a snowcat for dinner. Game Creek Restaurant offers delectable, five-star, locally-sourced American cuisine, complimented by an award-winning wine list and superior service. This breathtaking European chalet-style restaurant is Vail Mountain’s signature fine dining location.
This advanced fine dining culinary position requires an experienced cook with a positive work ethic and general leadership qualities, who is career oriented, creative, and active. This individual has at least two years of previous culinary experience in a similar caliber restaurant. This individual will be responsible for setting their station, assisting other cooks in their preparations, and contributing to educating Entry and Intermediate cooks in new and more advanced culinary techniques.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of the kitchen including stations, menu/ingredients, equipment operation, safety & sanitation and daily operations.
- Expedites food, solves problems as they arise, and approaches special requests with flexibility
- Ensures all team members are properly equipped with uniforms, supplies and tools
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Ability to butcher chicken, fish and shellfish; cut, trim and bone meat
- Determining pars for next shift and ensuring prep is sufficient. Adjust production levels to meet forecast demands
- Trains new cooks and ensures development of team members through on-going training and effective communication.
- Recognizes team members for successful achievements and contributions
- Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement
- Responsible for inventories to enable team members to successfully prepare mise en place
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regard to chilling, re-heating and holding food
- Maintains and reports waste log to supervisors on a daily/weekly basis
- Checks outlet(s) upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety or equipment issues and communicates any concerns to supervisor
- Checks outlet(s) prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, equipment shutdown, proper disposal/removal of food and proper storing and labeling
- Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures and proper storing procedures are observed
- Keeps Supervisors apprised of hits/misses from each shift
- Delegates workload to team members fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve flow of production
- Demonstrates advanced knife skills such as brunoise, julienne, batons, consistent shape/size for core knife skills (dice, slice, chop)
- Has experience working with higher end ingredients such as scratch pasta preparation, risotto preparation, lamb, venison, scallops, sole, Ahi tuna, caviar
- Demonstrates proficiency in more advanced culinary techniques of saute and grilling, as well as poaching, steaming, braising, preparation of Mother sauces, scratch soup preparation
- Applies a variety of culinary techniques and practices
- Maintains stock levels throughout day
- May be responsible for training employees
- Applies Vail Mountain Dining Standards for speed and quality
- Participates in and occasionally supervises kitchen duties to ensure smooth operations
- Ensures all coolers, freezers and walk-ins are maintained to the company’s, local health inspector’s food safety standards and HACCP standards, including daily logging of refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Ability to work daytime or evening shifts.
- Must be fluent in English. -required
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs. -required
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours. -required
- Must have proficient knife skills. -required
- Experience in a wide variety of techniques. -required
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional kitchen (minimum of 2 years prior experience working in fine dining) – required
- 2 years of previous experience in a fine dining restaurant. -required
- Must be willing to provide own culinary tools. -required
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested. -required
- Previous supervisory experience. -preferred
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or be able to attain) - required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 129092