The Resort at Squaw Creek, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, is ideally situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The Resort at Squaw Creek instills in all of its employees the belief that we are a proud team dedicated to a quality experience for our guests, owners and associates. All members of the Resort at Squaw Creek Team are empowered to provide a quality guest service and an exceptional associate experience.
For all associates, the Resort offers ski pass discounts, free golf play, amenity discounts, national hotel discounts, the diversity of working with people from all over the world, and the ability to work and live in a community of the luxurious mountains of Lake Tahoe where the activities are endless all year round.
Job OverviewYou will work in a team oriented environment and fully support and provide assistance to the sales team with administrative tasks, provide engaging customer service, and receive and qualify leads for sales or catering managers. You will also support the continuing effort to deliver distinctively different guest experiences and nurture lasting relationships with our customers.Essential Functions
- Create memorable experiences with a warm, welcoming personality that can relate to guests and associates
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure the guests’ needs are being met
- Promptly answer telephones and enthusiastically greet our guests with your personal spirit, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Identify new contacts, develop sales leads, respond to sales opportunities and contact potential clients to build and nurture lasting business relationships
- Produce quotes and written confirmation to all clients
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Sales Director and senior management to include the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and it requires you manage multiple priorities while meeting varying deadlines, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others and providing administrative support in a team oriented environment, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through excellent written communication.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible, can manage multiple demands, loves to serve others, and has proven computer, sales and customer service skills.