Real Hospitality Group
Location: US - MD - Ocean City
REPORTS TO: Corporate Director, Human Resources
Purpose for the Position: Provide operational and administrative support to team members at our corporate office and hotels.
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Create and distribute reports on hotel performance metrics including STR, guest satisfaction, and others as requested and assigned.
- Champion and assist operations team with implementation and tracking of hotel initiatives required by either the brand or corporate office.
- Maintain our upbeat, professional brand 'voice' in written communications to corporate and hotel team members (emails, corporate blog, etc.)
- Welcome guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone, answering, screening, and directing inquiries appropriately and in a timely and courteous manner. Friendly and professionally handle all matters regarding office reception.
- Maintain corporate calendar, travel schedule, and hotel master spreadsheet. Issue property portfolio listings, associate listings, telephone extensions, and other documents on schedule and as required.
- Input invoices into our hotel accounting system for processing.
- Receive, open, and sort all incoming mail. Coordinate and ensure all outgoing mail, certified mail, and packages are stamped and sent out daily.
- Perform general duties including typing, dictation, and filing. Send and receive faxes and emails.
- Maintain appointment schedule for the corporate office. Schedule corporate office meetings and handle all conference room scheduling.
- Attend scheduled meetings, take minutes, and distribute information based upon need and request.
- Periodically draft and compose replies to correspondence based on organizational practice, policies, and procedures at the direction of department heads.
- Maintain, update, and provide light training on VOIP telephone system, copier, and faxes.
- Handle special assignments including tasks related to corporate initiatives and executive research. Contact managerial and staff personnel for collection of dates, statistics, and reports. Create follow-up reports. Assist in the coordination of corporate programs, i.e., Associate of the Month, Milestones, etc.
- Work as a team player. Assist other corporate associates during periods of need and/or absence.
- Maintain all office supply inventory by checking stock and determining inventory levels, anticipating supply needs, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt and purchase order accuracy. Assist in the evaluation of new office supplies.
- Ensure operation of office equipment, calling for repairs when required, maintaining equipment inventory, etc. Provide input in the evaluation of new equipment.
- Ensure the general clean and professional appearance of the entire office including meeting space. Understand and coordinate with corporate housekeeping vendors to maintain supplies, functionality, and order. Empty the trash daily and/or as required. Water and ensure the plants are healthy, excepting 'Lou'.
- Use judgment and tact. Maintain owner, staff, and client confidence by keeping information confidential.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Use logical thinking and personal judgment to perform a variety of office tasks that require special skills and knowledge.
- Exercise a sense of urgency. Anticipate needs, take independent action, and respond appropriately to urgent issues.
- Independently prioritize tasks and complete work with minimal supervision.
- Remain confidential within and outside of the office. Refrain from initiating and/or participating in conversation that is not professional and business appropriate.
- Make sound decisions based on good judgment and company policy.
- Speak, write, and type clearly and accurately, with proper grammar.
- Interact professionally with fellow staff, guests, and vendors.
- Change work frequently; for example: typing, scheduling, critical time deadlines, etc.
- Work well and liaise with other clerical and office associates to accomplish tasks and projects.
- Work evenings, weekends, and holidays as requested and required.
Physical Demands: Lifting 25 lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and small tools. Walking and standing are required only occasionally. Reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the associate spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss, commission, markups and selling price, ratio and proportion, and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights, and measures.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Compiling: Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the information is frequently involved.
People: Speaking-Signaling: Talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information. Includes giving assignments and or directions to helpers or assistants.
Things: Operating-Controlling: Starting, stopping, controlling and adjusting the progress of machines or equipment. Operating machines involves setting up and adjusting the machine or materials as the work progresses. Controlling involves observing and turning devices to regulate reactions of materials.
Specific Vocational Preparation: College degree or equivalent experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, and Excel to format and create professional documents to be used and distributed on the executive level. Candidate must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize duties to complete within required deadlines. Creativity to accomplish required tasks, such as documents being appealing to the eye, to find and research various information needed to complete and compile reports. Experience in the hotel industry is preferred.