Real Hospitality Group
Location: US - MD - Ocean City
REPORTS TO: Corporate Director, Human Resources
Purpose for the Position: Provide administrative and clerical support for the President, Senior Leadership Team, and the RHG Corporate Headquarters.
Essential Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Welcome guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone, answering, screening, and directing inquiries appropriately and in a timely and courteous manner. Friendly and professionally handle all matters regarding office reception.
- Receive, open, and sort all incoming mail. Coordinate and ensure all outgoing mail, certified mail, and packages are stamped and sent out daily.
- Handle corporate office email receipt and respond as necessary.
- Perform general duties including typing, dictation, and filing. Send and receive faxes and emails.
- Maintain corporate calendar and travel schedule. Issue property portfolio listings, associate listings, telephone extension, and other documents on schedule and as required.
- Maintain appointment schedule for the corporate office. Schedule corporate office meetings and handle all conference room scheduling.
- Attend scheduled meetings, takes minutes, and distributes information based upon need and request.
- Periodically draft and compose replies to correspondence based on organizational practice, policies, and procedures at the direction of department heads.
- Handle special assignments including tasks related to corporate initiatives and executive research. Contact managerial and staff personnel for collection of dates, statistics, and reports. Create follow up reports. Assist in coordination of corporate programs, i.e. Associate of the Month, Milestones, etc.
- Create and distributes reports on property performance as assigned including STR trending, GSS/guest satisfaction and other as requested and assigned.
- Maintain, update, and provide light training on VOIP telephone system, copier, and faxes.
- Work as a team player. Assist administrative office staff during periods of need and/or absence.
- Maintain all office supply inventory by checking stock and determining inventory levels, anticipating supply needs, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt and purchase order accuracy. Assists in the evaluation of new office supplies.
- Ensure operation of office equipment, calling for repairs when required, maintaining equipment inventory, etc. Provide input in the evaluation of new equipment.
- Ensure the general clean and professional appearance of the entire office including meeting space. Understand and coordinate with corporate housekeeping vendors to maintain supplies, functionality, and order. Empty the trash daily and/or as required. Water and ensure the plants are healthy, excepting 'Lou'.
- Use judgment and tact. Maintain owner, staff, and client confidence by keeping information confidential.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Previous hotel front desk experience a plus.
- Use logical thinking and personal judgment to perform a variety of office tasks that require special skills and knowledge.
- Exercise a sense of urgency. Anticipate needs, take independent action, and respond appropriately to urgent issues.
- Remain confidential within and outside of the office. Refrain from initiating and/or participating in conversation that is not professional and business appropriate.
- Make sound decisions based on good judgment and company policy.
- Follow instructions without close supervision.
- Speak, write, and type clearly and accurately, with proper grammar.
- Multi-task and prioritize work accurately and efficiently.
- Interact professionally with fellow staff, guests, and vendors.
- Change work frequently; for example: typing, scheduling, critical time deadlines, etc.
- Work well and liaise with other clerical and office associates to accomplish tasks and projects.
- Work evenings, weekends, and holidays as requested and required.
Physical Demands: Lifting 25 lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and small tools. Walking and standing are required only occasionally. Reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the associate spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss, commission, markups and selling price, ratio and proportion, and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights, and measures.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Compiling: Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the information is frequently involved.
People: Speaking-Signaling: Talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information. Includes giving assignments and or directions to helpers or assistants.
Things: Operating-Controlling: Starting, stopping, controlling and adjusting the progress of machines or equipment. Operating machines involves setting up and adjusting the machine or materials as the work progresses. Controlling involves observing and turning devices to regulate reactions of materials.
Specific Vocational Preparation: College degree or equivalent experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, and Excel to format and create professional documents to be used and distributed on the executive level. Candidate must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize duties to complete within required deadlines. Creativity to accomplish required tasks, such as documents being appealing to the eye, to find and research various information needed to complete and compile reports.