Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThis position facilitates recreation activities for a variety of age groups, including children, teens, and adults. S/he also assists in facilitating recreation programs for convention and family reunion groups and special events for leisure guests. Essential Functions
- Facilitates scheduled recreation programs including art and crafts, teen, family, special event and corporate programming
- Responsible for the daily registration, check in, and payment of participants
- Sets up and properly tears down equipment for each program
- Prepares Teen and Family Programs for next execution and notifies supervisor of supply levels
- Ensures safety of the participants and other leaders at all times; administers first aid and responds to emergencies as required
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival
- Interacts with guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Provides leadership and group organization in an enthusiastic and positive manner
- Provides feedback to participants during program and guardians at the conclusion of program
- Maintains control of group at all times by establishing a strong understanding of rules and regulations of program
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment at all times
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.