Location: US - FL - Tampa
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, and Missouri with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Located in beautiful Tampa, Florida the Renaissance offers Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care with the majority of focus on programs and services that help a person remain as independent as possible no matter what level of care they may need.
The primary responsibility of the Lifestyle Assistant is to assist the Lifestyle Director in providing a full-time social and activity program at the Community for all residents and families which encourages resident socialization, improves daily living skills, expands personal interests, increases physical activity and education, making every effort to maintain and expand the lifestyle of all the residents.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the Lifestyle Director in conducting and coordinating scheduled activities seven days a week for all the residents at the Community.
- Assist in preparing the monthly Lifestyle calendar, posting the calendar and distributing it to all residents.
- Facilitate and support monthly resident council meetings and other resident meetings as directed by the Lifestyle Director.
- Assist the Lifestyle Director in contacting appropriate community groups and volunteers to perform specific activities and to assist in the Lifestyle programs.
- Assist in arranging for the transportation of residents to outings and other off-property activities.
- Assist in scheduling transportation for residents.
- Maintain documentation required by the state for activity planning, organization, evaluation and goals.
- Assist the Lifestyle Director in coordinating special events (such as family nights and private resident parties) in conjunction with the Community Director and other Department Heads.
- Assist the Lifestyle Director in initiating individual resident Lifestyle programs.
- Assist in implementing Lifestyle programs addressing the needs of the Assisted Living residents when appropriate.
- Assist the Lifestyle Director in conducting program evaluations.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly newsletter for distribution to all residents, residents' families and prospects.
- Assist the Lifestyle Director in assessing residents' social and lifestyle activity preferences.
- Assist in meeting residents' needs by tailoring Lifestyle programs to these needs.
- Operate within the Company's budget guidelines.
- Actively participate in the marketing efforts by coordinating resident lifestyle activities with Sales & Marketing activities.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience at an independent living, assisted living, or senior nursing facility preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess high energy/enthusiasm, decision making, problem solving, planning/organization, and rapport building skills.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening
- Must be able to pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
- The Community is a drug free workplace; employees are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Must possess a valid driver's license or Commercial Driver's License (CDL) for the state where the vehicle is operated.
- Appropriate CDL is preferred.
- Must have an acceptable Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) record; the record must be checked annually.
- Must be considered to be insurable by the Community's automobile insurance carrier.