Activities (Lifestyle) Director
Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - MO - St. Louis
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, and Missouri, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Allegro is HOME. Conveniently located on Bellevue Avenue near the SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital campus, Allegro is bringing luxury senior living to Richmond Heights. We are proud to bring our 40-year history and experience to the St. Louis metropolitan area, home of our company headquarters. Allegro strives to bring comfort, convenience and quality care for seniors who want and deserve the best.
The 4-story Assisted Living & Memory Care community will focus on delivering an inspired lifestyle, offering best practices in programing and design. Residents will enjoy upscale services and amenities including outdoor balcony dining, stadium theater, fitness center, full-service salon & spa and therapy services. Go beyond the typical and experience the values of Allegro.
The primary responsibility of the Lifestyle Director is to manage and direct the Lifestyle department to provide a diverse, appealing, full-time social and activity program at the community for all residents and their families. Such a program should include a variety of social, recreational, physical, educational and spiritual opportunities for resident involvement that encourages socialization and creativity, improves daily living skills, expands personal interest, and increases physical activity and education.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop an annual activity plan that supports achievement of Company goals and ownership objectives.
- Oversee the administration of the Lifestyle department according to Company policies and procedures and submit relevant reports and narratives as required.
- Recruit, hire, train, manage, motivate, and evaluate Lifestyle Assistants, Drivers, and Concierge (except in communities with Skilled Nursing) personnel, including corrective action and recommendations for separation decisions, according to Company policies and procedures.
- If applicable, schedule the Driver and Lifestyle Assistant to stay within budgeted department guidelines and optimize the hours of the Lifestyle program so that day, evening and weekend opportunities for activities, programs and outings exist.
- Create and manage the activity budget within approved guidelines and according to Company goals and ownership objectives.
- Manage the implementation of activities and events detailed in the activity plan with other Lifestyle staff, the Executive Director, and other Department Heads of the Community.
- Recruit, train, manage and motivate volunteer groups(s) and/or individual volunteer(s) to assist with the Lifestyle programs.
- Establish a full-time activity program that supports residents' interests and is available seven days a week.
- Oversee the development of a monthly newsletter that is informative, entertaining and can be utilized to market the Community.
- Create and manage the activity calendar in conjunction with, marketing activities and events.
- Actively participate in the Sales & Marketing effort by working with the Lead Senior Living Advisor to devise marketing strategies.
- Contact and schedule entertainment to perform on a regular basis.
- Establish resident groups and oversee according to Company policies and procedures.
- Create and oversee implementation of programming specific to the needs and interests of Assisted Living and Ensemble residents if applicable.
- Initiate individual resident lifestyle programs when appropriate.
- Oversee and monitor that the Lifestyle staff are properly accounting for hours worked using the time clock. This includes review of time clock records with the Business Office Manager on a timely basis and submission of new hire paperwork as required.
- Create and manage a resident transportation schedule and assist in maintaining community transportation vehicles per Company policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to the transportation budget and expenditures.
- When accompanying Ensemble residents on outings, must account for resident whereabouts at all times in accordance with the Ensemble Outings policy.
- Be prepared to drive the property vehicles on an as needed basis.
- Must know and follow all guidelines in the Vehicles policy.
- Maintain state required documentation on activity planning, organization, evaluation and goals.
- Conduct activity program evaluations, survey resident social and lifestyle preferences, and tailor lifestyle programming to meet resident preferences.
- Participate in appropriate Department Head management training both through internal workshops and outside seminars.
- Attend and participate in training to develop relevant knowledge and skills related to programming.
- Create monthly calendar and post and distribute according to Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain administration of the Lifestyle department and submit relevant activity reports and narratives as required.
- Provide services and interactions throughout the Community which delight residents, prospects, and the greater community with inspired experiences which result in referrals and high occupancy.
- Participate in and contribute to all meetings and training as required by Company policy and the Executive Director.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing proper attire and name tag when on duty.
- Be watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident's behavior. Report all signs to the Executive Director following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the Executive Director as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents' rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, staff or Community information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. Some college study or degree in human services-related field preferred.
- Activity Professional Certification preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience as Activity Director or Activity Assistant at an independent living, assisted living or skilled nursing community with related skills in scheduling activities, special events and leading group activities.
- Knowledge of local recreational opportunities preferred.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, CPR/AED certification.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, certificate of completion of Water Safety course (if applicable).
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of digital photography preferred.
- Must be capable of operating helium tank.
- Must possess attention to detail, be energetic/enthusiastic, and able to multi-task.
- Must possess good organizational skills, be adaptable, flexible and have good verbal communication skills.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from