Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and recently adding Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401 k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees including complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
POSITION START DATE: January 2017
BASIC FUNCTION: To assist the Assistant Director of Finance in maintaining records to collect payments from clients / guests.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION,KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v Education: Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting or Business or any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and advanced college coursework up to and including Associates/Bachelor’s degree.
v Experience: Min. 2 years prior accounting and computer experience. Prior hospitality/hotel experience preferred.
v Licenses or certificates: No special licenses required.
v Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to analyze financial/computer reports.
- Ability to listen effectively and to speak English clearly.
- Ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and patrons.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to input 40 WPM on a computer keyboard.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in writing.
1. Establish contract files for Accounts Receivable clients.
2. Perform credit checks on all clients asking to be direct billed.
3. Insure that Accounts Receivable folios are being billed in a timely manner and that all files are kept up-to-date.
4. Follow-up both verbally and in writing, on all past-due accounts to insure the timely collection of accounts receivable.
5. Review all past due accounts to determine collectability of accounts. Recommend action to be taken on uncollectible accounts.
6. Deal with customer inquiries courteously, efficiently and promptly.
7. Responsible for proper follow-up and discounting of house accounts and internal billing.
8. Complete all necessary month-end reports.
9. Maintain an adequate inventory of accounts receivable forms and supplies.
10. Perform all activities in a professional manner and in accordance with company policy.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
1. Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions.
2. Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
3. Initiate reports and retrieve printed forms from computer printer.
4. Assist with counting & recording monthly inventories. Enter count values & update pricing worksheets as needed.
5. Answer customer inquiry calls, research and resolve discrepancies concerning incorrect charges or respond to customer’s need for folio/charge backup.
6. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V