A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring the property receives payments for goods and services. Processes and posts receipts. Prepares billing, resolves discrepancies and maintains records according to established policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Monitors group master accounts from check-in through checkout and ensures billing is correct. Audits, prepares and posts city ledger adjustments as needed. Prepares and mail invoices with proper documentation. Applies payments to the appropriate group master accounts.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions in the general ledger accounting software. Reconciles the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Prepare cash and check payments for bank deposit. Totals and records deposit amounts and completes deposit slips.
- Prepares adjustments to reflect receipt of payments from credit companies upon notification from the bank. Enters credit approvals into the account management software system. Handles credit card charges for ll ancillary billings (electrical, delivery, parking, etc.). Clears all "wash-through" accounts.
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, internal departments and customers.
- Collects on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communicating with customers via phone, email, fax or mail.
- Responds to guest inquiries and resolves billing discrepancies via phone and email. Researches and respond to all credit card charge backs within time limits set by credit card companies, processing the necessary adjustments when required. Researches and responds to all individual travel agent commission inquiries.
- Collects outstanding payments by creating and sending letters, following up with phone calls, and if necessary sending accounts to a collection agency.
- Maintains accounting records and ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions into the computer systems. Maintains accounting department files and records. Runs monthly, yearly or ad hoc reports as required. Prepares spreadsheets for audits or special reports.
- Performs general clerical duties including but limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing, and data entry. Sorts and distributes internal and external mail. Answers, screens and directs incoming calls and emails.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Remains familiar with special packages, promotions, prices and rates to provide best customer services.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents. Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Normally requires one to two years of related accounting experience.
- Requires general knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with vendors and internal/external customers.
- Able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Requires ability to use computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information. Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to set up and use spreadsheet programs designed in Excel.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests and vendors.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently sits for sustained periods of time or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate telephone/office equipment. The team member occasionally grasps objects. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. Repetitive motions are made while entering data into computers. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member regularly talks and hears to answer phones and communicate with venders, guests or staff. Exerts up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to view telephone console, computer terminal, and documents. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The team member is subject to inside environmental conditions. The noise level is usually quiet. The team member is subject to hazards that includes proximity to electrical current found in office related equipment. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as perfumes, odors, or dusts. (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The Meritage Resort and Spa is an equal opportunity M/F/V/D and e-verify employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.