Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
*Excellent credit is a requirement of the position*
General Cashier responsibilities are to ensure the safeguarding all house funds by:
- Retrieving deposits from the drop safe and preparing the daily deposits following Stanford procedure
- Reimbursing cashiers for any due backs using Stanford procedure guidelines
- Performing unannounced audits of cashier’s banks at least once per month.
- Counting of funds in the house safe weekly and maintaining the petty cash fund.
- Providing change for Hotel cashiers and maintaining appropriate amount of change in the house safe as necessary.
- Issuing banks to new cashiers and receiving the same from employees who have left or on leave Review Bank contract and cashier procedures with new cashiers.
- Maintaining contracts for each cashier and a list of all cashiers with their bank amount and vault number.
- Collect Petty cash from managers and process per Stanford procedure. Complete petty cash spread sheet for reimbursement
Accounts payable responsibilities are to ensure the proper processing and reconciling of vendor payments by:
- Setting up Department Checkbooks Monthly.
- Assign purchase order number, maintain log and purchase order file per Stanford guidelines.
- Match invoices to purchase orders, packing slip and receiving reports. Compare prices on invoices to purchase orders to ensure accuracy of prices. Verifying addition and extensions of all invoices and that tax calculation is correct.
- osting approved accounts payable invoices and credits into the Great Plains system.
- Maintaining sorted vendor files of all paperwork waiting to be matched to a check. Once check arrives match check to invoice/ P.O. for GM and Controller signature approval.
- Maintaining alphabetically sorted vendor files of disbursed payments. Printing and balancing all required accounts payable reports on a monthly basis.
- Handle all vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor aging report
- Reconcile vendor statements and file in vendor file.
- Month End Process - Complete the input and balancing of all accounts payable for the month by the end of the second business day of the new month.
- Month End Process - Provide the Controller a listing of all unprocessed payables (accruals) by the end of the second day of the new month.
- Maintaining and retrieving prior years accounts payable information already in storage..
- Provide the Controller with copies of invoices/check for assets.
- Provide the Controller with copies of invoices/check for out of state use tax.
- Maintain Certificate of Insurance binder for vendors that deliver or work on property. Per Sanford SOP.
- Maintain W-9 binder. Each hotel vendor must complete a W-9 prior to cutting a check.
- Maintain F&B receiving log binder.
- Maintain Accounting Checkbook
- Observe and extend hotel F&B inventories to spread sheet at month end closing.
- Update price changes to inventory sheets
- Help in keeping accounting storeroom neat and organize
- All other duties assigned by Management
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Licenses & Certifications