At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
- Process invoices for payment by checking invoices to purchase orders and receiving records and ensuring that the appropriate approval is given as set forth.
- Prepare documentation necessary to set up invoices for payment.
- Balance batch totals to ensure proper coding and amounts.
- Prepare expense checks and manual check requests on a timely basis and prepare them for signature.
- Maintain accounts payable vendor filing.
- Responsible for filing computer reports (i.e. purchasing journal and check register) in a timely manner.
- Ensure checks are issued with proper authorization.
- Reconcile vendor statements on a monthly basis.
- Resolve vendor inquiries.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Controller or Assistant Controller.
- Consolidate and prepare the house cash deposit for the previous day prior to the arrival of armored car service.
- Report and follow-up on all cashier overages and shortages.
- Balance on a daily basis the house bank and ensure that there is adequate change for the cashier’s needs.
- Audit cashier bank’s and ensure that there is a signed copy of a bank contract on file for each cashier.
- Reimburse employees for petty cash in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Prepare daily over and short reconciliation and distribute.
- Prepare check request for reimbursement of petty cash funds weekly.
- Post and adhere to window hours.
- Prepare cash report daily for the Controller.
- Copies of deposit slips given to Assistant Controller daily.
- Count safe with Assistant Controller weekly.
- Compliance to deposit schedule as required.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
- Experienced in accounting processes.
- Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Ability to manage time and energies in an efficient, effective and organized manner.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are necessary to perform administrative and clerical duties using proper rules of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Computer literacy: Proficient in Microsoft Office familiar with internet page browsing and extraction of data
- Ability to maintain strict adherence to confidentiality requirements
- Ability to operate phones, calculator, computer equipment, fax machines, copiers and printers
Job involves working under variable temperature conditions, extreme heat or cold and noise levels. Work environment includes administrative offices, indoors, outdoors and around fumes and/or odor hazards, dust and/or mite hazards.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
Frequent lifting and/or moving up to ten pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.