At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Accounts Payable Clerk will ensure that all approved invoices are coded and paid accurately and on a timely basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- College degree in accounting preferred or equivalent business experience.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting system.
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Good time management skills.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Process invoices for payment by checking invoices to purchase orders and receiving records and ensuring that the appropriate approval is given as set forth.
- Prepare documentation necessary to set up invoices for payment. Balance batch totals to ensure proper coding and amounts.
- Prepare expense checks and manual check requests on a timely basis and prepare them for signature. Maintain accounts payable vendor filing.
- Responsible for filing computer reports (i.e. purchasing journal and check register) in a timely manner.
- Ensure checks are issued with proper authorization.
- Reconcile vendor statements on a monthly basis.
- Resolve vendor inquiries.
- Daily cash deposit reconciliations Capital invoice submissions.
- Food & Beverage comp worksheets
- Assisting in income journals
Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Controller or Assistant Controller. Assist in other departments as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other reasonable duties as assigned by their Supervisors and/or Management.
EOE/M/F/D/V Must be willing to submit to background check upon offer