The accountant staff is responsible for supporting accounting leadership in providing consistent guidance in the financial area of the hotel by supplying management with regulation and training. He/she is also responsible assisting in focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must approach all encounters with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner. Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Perform other duties as requested by management.