The Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion offers award-winning hospitality, exceptional value and unmatched location to create a unique best-in-class experience for our guests. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights neighborhood in Washington D.C. within the completely renovated and rejuvenated Chevy Chase Pavilion, the Embassy Suites provides an unmatched combination of service and amenities. From the hotel's partnerships with Top Chef Bryan Voltaggio and Range restaurant and the Civil Cigar Lounge to direct access to some of Washington's most exclusive shopping, the Embassy Suites offers more for every guest. Positioned directly atop the Metro Red Line, the Embassy Suites location, creates the perfect experience for guests in town for business, pleasure or a healthy combination of both.
The Embassy Suites completed a $9.75 million renovation in mid-2014 that transformed the property into a boutique level, metropolitan location offering a new lobby bar service, expanded seating and gathering areas, enhanced public spaces and two levels of premium suites. The combination of completely new product with Two Road Hospitality's commitment to internal growth and promotion make the Embassy Suites a top employer in the market. We hold ourselves to the same level of commitment we ask our team members so that all efforts are recognized and supported providing opportunities for advancement both locally and throughout our extensive collection of hotels and resorts.
Job OverviewThis position assists in the oversight of the accounting operation under the guidance of the Director of Finance; Ensures all functions are being performed accurately, on a timely basis and according to hotel standards.Essential Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment
- Assist in the management of day-to-day operations and assignments of accounting staff, plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule/assign work Alert management of potentially serious issues
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll, audit, General Ledger reporting, and cash handling functions for the hotel
- Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by company policy and procedures, generally accepted accounting practices, and as effected by local conditions
- Prepare financial analyses of hotel operations including variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of business goals
- Preparation of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts and reporting
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems; maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts; ensure compliance with government regulations, federal, state and local laws, to include EEOC, Wage and Hour, union contracts, etc.
- College degree, Accounting major preferred
- Three years Accounting experience
- Fluency in job related English, both verbal and non-verbal Clear and effective communicator
- Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers)
- Tech savvy, previous experience with computers, systems and accounting softare